2021, gl-inet Firmware Firmware 3.211 Beta1, password problems, no logon possible

Old Problem:
No logon after setup a long password, which is 32 or more caracter long by first setup. Thats are a old an good known bug.

The old and the new workaround are the follow:

• Setup a short password (p.e. 8 caracter) on initial setup and after one first reboot you can set a password up to 32 caracter (was working in the past with up to 63 or 64 caracter…)

Ok. Thats sound not so bad. A no logon are possible on advanced admin menue (after installing this). Thats are the same directly after initial setup and the same after reboot, and the same after changing the main password.

So, how to low to logon on advanced admin menu ?
And which password are active on this time on advanced admin menue.

By the way. Different passwords on main and advanced admin menue are one old and well known bug… Can be found on deleted bug tracer…

Ok. What are the workaround on this time ?

Remark:
The full list of found and solved bugs, realisized asked product improvements and possible additional proposal for product improvements can be found on:

I tested:

1. When you input a long password during initial setup, it will only use the first 32 byte. This will be fixed by forbitting to input long password on the UI.

2. When you change password in the UI, both the UI and root (luci and ssh) will be change to the same. So there is no problem in this part.

I didnt find a way on to get access to luci on tested system. My password, which have on test system have only 8 caracters and consist of [ a-z, 0-9].

Did you use https? Seems when ushing https there is a cookie problem.

Now its was working, after sleeping a little bit and one more reboot.

My password are equal for normal GUI and luci GUI.
Logon is possible for me by browser on normal GUI and luci GUI if I call the webinterface by IP.

1 Like

We have made some changes so that if the user sets a password that exceeds 32 bytes, the input box will give some warning and cannot be submitted.
Again, this issue will be automatically integrated in tomorrow’s Snapshot version.

Did you integrate it on all 3 places ?:

• initial password by initial setup
  • on web interface, simple GUI area
  • on web interface, advanced admin GUI area

It can be about the follow are rules on this time for open wrt based stuff:

Password length: ? to 32 character

Allowed character:
[A-Z, a-z, 0-9, " ", _ - ! „ # $ % & ’ ( ) * + , . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ ` { | } ~]

Not allowed character:
[Ä, Ö, Ü, ä, ö, ü, ß, €, §]

It can be, its not so bad idea to add like this on pages on which offer a password changing form.

There is no way to change the password entry box on the advanced page, which is provided by the open source community

It can be you can open a change request on open wrt bug tracker for this.

What does this mean? What are you trying to say? It makes no sense.
Is Google translate available in your region? Because if you used it, people would be able to understand you and your points would make sense, now you are just writing gibberish.

A little harsh, I think. With a little context you can figure he meant to say GL-iNet could submit a request to OpenWRT to change the password entry box for logging into LuCI along the lines he suggests. I’m not sure I follow what that is, and I think GL-iNet fixed things in the snapshot as far as I’m concerned.

A lot of routers and other things have a similar problem, of truncating an entry because input buffers vary.

Still, I’ve stopped paying attention to the OP’s multiple posts.

2 Likes

It can be you are able to understand one of the follow languages:

• You may be able to open a change request in the Open Wrt Bug Tracker for this.
  • 你也许可以在Open Wrt Bug Tracker中为这个问题打开一个变更请求。

This is not English so please stop using “It can be”. I think you are trying to ask a question here, so in that case you need a question mark (?) at the end of your sentence. And as you’ve provided two language examples, I think you mean “following” instead of “follow”. So taking off “it can be” which is nonsensical, you need to swap the words “you” and “are” around, like this…

Are you able to understand one of the following languages?

For English speakers its very hard, fustrating and unnecesairily time consuming trying to decifer what you are writing, it would serve you better if you wrote in your Mother Tongue.

If your dictionary doesn’t allow you to translate “It can be”, there are surely solutions like:

• Use another, possibly slightly thicker dictionary.
  • Use another translator, such as deepl.com.
  • etc.

It can be you don’t understand.

It can be:

• I don’t understand
  • You don’t understand
  • We don’t understnd

However. I am stopping my support of gl as of today until further notice. See the following statement:

I think I responded to every one of your suggestions. Other users can also participate in the discussion on the forum, which is his freedom.
I hope you won’t be upset. We will keep improving our products.

I speak perfectly 3 languages and so-so 3 more, but many times I have been frustrated because even the google translation does not reflect the meaning of what I want to say, but with patience you get to everything.

It can be:

• I don’t understand
  • You don’t understand
  • We don’t understnd

Just little bit humor here, please.

I scream-a
You scream-a
We all scream-a for ice cream-a.

Thank you!

1 Like