Accessing Flash Please Wait message

Reset many times (and also earlier too), all possible combinations: with / without sim, Wifi LED on / not on, right after power up, holding reset for up to 1.5 minutes.
lan LED flashes at 3 different speeds **while reset button is pressed **then off, which usually confirms the reset has completed, but not reset.

LEDs do not flash in pattern after I release reset.
Mifi does not reboot after I press reset.

Even the new name of wifi has not been reset to GL-MIFI-777, its still what I changed it to. Also called service provider who changed sim from data sim back to a normal phone sim, then back to data sim (thinking something was in cache stuck on their side).

Mifi not reset at all, the default password does log me in, only the password that I set logs me in.
So mifi does not reset.

All this happened after I changed sim to require a pin (<<== my bad), so is there a correlation?

You are not doing the reset properly. You count to 10 in your head and it will be flashing fast. You release then, not wait until it stops flashing.

OK, have tried that also, still not reset.
Saw that sometimes many resets might finally work – will keep trying, thanks!

Try this then?

For the Mifi it’s 5 blinks like the AR150. As before, you count and when you see the 5th you release quickly, and you get 3 fast blinks telling you it worked.

After many resets, still cannot connect to internet, still not resolved problem. It did clear a few fields but not all.

tab Internet Settings, SSID is still blank (was GL-MIFI-777)
Wireless Settings, Mode was still new 150M (11ng) not original 72M (11ng)
Wifi password was still there.
Also tried “reset Modem” from Internet Status page, under Modem Connection.
if many resets do not clear back to factory settings, anything else to attempt?

Thank you for your help!

Just saw new un-brick doc, trying now

@Johnex, thank you for the un-brick link, well, small progress: Got latest firmware installed. Able to auto configure Model and IMEI, but stuck detecting Carrier. Maybe because my SErvice provider is not on list? A Modem Reset doesn’t fix. Hard reset doesnt fix either.

So I manually update:
Modem Tools > Data > APN = internet and Submit, reboot, but this never seems to be saved even though says “Updating succefully” (sic)
Internet Settings has Modem Device = qmi and APN = internet so I don’t change either one.

And yes, have reset numerous times back to newly installed firmware, updated, submitted, reboot, power off completely but still not connected. AT Tools works, I get all good responses from all Shortcuts. Also power off laptop, still not connect.
New firmware version does show so am assuming am running on 2.271.
Any more ideas besides hard resets and keep trying to update until APN is saved?

Well that is how far you will get from the GL-iNet interface.
Now it’s time to go deeper :blush:

If you are on windows download Putty. Run it and connect using SSH to the router IP, while you are connected to it with Wifi or Lan :slight_smile:

Username is root, password is the password you set for the Web interface.

Run this command first:

uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-data-status

It will say “disconnected”. Then:

uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-signal-info

It should say some signal values. If not tell me what it says. If yes, then do:

uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --start-network internet --autoconnect

The “internet” in the command is your APN.

Lastly:

uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-data-status

It should say “connected” hopefully :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: downloading putty now.
Newbie here: how to connect using SSH?

You will see when you start Putty :smiley:
Select SSH and enter in Host:

root@MIFIIP

Change MIFIIP to the ip of your Mifi. And click open.

OK I’m in, but the APN is failing, the APN is default “internet” but I get “Call failed”.
Oh dear, because this happened when I set the PIN up, I added the PIN back thinking it might work - ok I’ll take pin off and start over – again –

and what happens if / when I get ‘connected’ ? How do I log back off and quit?

When you get connected then you are all set. the --auto-connect at the end of the command will tell the modem to connect always when it can.

To log off just close Putty :slight_smile:

Then you can go back to the Web UI and check the status there, you should have ip’s, dns and stats :slight_smile:

OK thanks . . . I’ve not logged off yet, is there a command to enter the PIN? I changed back to having PIN, in case it might work (since deleting PIN has not worked)

I never got pin to work on any of the SIM’s so have it removed and try again.

Also when you remove the simcard for any reason you need to restart the Mifi when you insert the sim again.

Thanks one problem resolved at least! So by entering password on WAN, would that stop access if someone physically got the devide ? Otherwise, it will just start and is availalbe with an ethernet cable, wouldn’t it be?

Yeah there is no way to fix that. If someone stole or found your mifi, even if they don’t have a pin for the simcard, they can just connect to the lan port and use it, so the pin is useless.

If you loose or the device is stolen, just quickly call the operator to block the sim and get a new one.

It is possible to disable the lan ports using Luci, its the “Advanced Settings” in the top right of the GL-iNet UI.
There is no way to add a password to the LAN; but you can have it so only specific MAC addresses can get an IP. It will still not help cos people can set a static IP…

Either way the person can reset the Mifi and connect using the default password.
When you reset the Mifi, the modem is not reset, it still holds the PIN (if it worked…)

Thanks for explaining, better to know points of risk rather than not know – seems pin entry might be possible at some point with Modem Tools able to send and receive ?
Finally trying again, wish me luck!

Try and see. Like i said for me it never worked and it doesn’t help for security if you lost it.

Try doing the command:

uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --verify-pin1 <pin>

Experiment using SSH, not in the GL-iNet interface for this more advanced things.

Some more info:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/ltedongle

And do

uqmi --help

In Putty, getting error after root@MIFIIP command:
"PuTTY Security Alert - Warning Potential security breach! Server’s host key does not match the one pu/tty has cached in the registry . . . new rsa2 key fingerprint . . . If you were expecting this change and trust the new key hit YES . . . If want to carry on connecting but without updating the cache, hit NO "

What have I entered wrong? Do I click NO and carry on without updating cache?