I am using the OpenWRT based image for my Brume and recently upgraded to 3.104 and therefore decided to switch from the adblock OpenWRT package to AdGuard Home.
Since I was a bit curious as to what kind of devices query which domain I upped the query logging in AdGuard to seven days from the default 24h. This morning I now realised that the query log is stored in /etc/AdGuardHome/data and the logging caused the internal storage to run full.
Is there a way to reconfigure the log location for AdGuard? (it seems to rotate files so symlinking it is probably not enough)
would it be an idea to expose the AdGuard dns directly in a future upgrade? Currently all DNS queries come from localhost which makes the logging less useful
Today I noted again that even with the one day query log the internal memory was running out (it did not log any queries in the last five days because the disk was full). I also checked the Github repo of AdGuard and there does not seem to be a way to customise the location for the querylog, so I ended up disabling it.
Not sure if it is similar issue.
My MV-1000 (on 3.104 with adguard) typically run out of memory after 3 days. Rebooted, and memory used after 17 hours, it has already reached 48%. Observation when the memory usage increases, will have frequent Wifi drops (an Alfa dongle).
Even if Adguard is not used, the memory usage still increases. Not sure of the reason/s.
However, my A750S (on 3.104 with adguard) is more stable, with memory hovers around 50% for a long time.
I don’t (didn’t) check everyday but my Brume worked well for 11 days before I started rebooting it for an unrelated VPN problem. I have some very big blocklists and here’s the memory status after 20 hours.
in /etc/init.d/AdGuardHome –> I have commented out system logging for the moment…
changed this line
procd_set_param command /usr/bin/AdGuardHome --glinet -c /etc/AdGuardHome/config.yaml -w /etc/AdGuardHome -l syslog
procd_set_param command /usr/bin/AdGuardHome --glinet -c /etc/AdGuardHome/config.yaml -w /etc/AdGuardHome #-l syslog
for the moment I have 44% Free memory
If the memory will drop again then I will use the Shedule Cron to run the commands to reload AdGuardHome at 23:59 each day…
hope it helps and I hope someone finds a better way for this issue…
Also a solution for the AdGuardHome Update pop up message…