AdGuardHome on GL routers

It would be good to have it released and leave it to users to decide what is good enough for them. To me, it just sounds like GL is trying to push new product lines for profit (Beryl).

Well it does not work on Beryl either unless you do extroot. Not enough flash space for it. So no, it’s not for profit or to sell new products. It is supported in the B1300/S1300 which are considered old products now, just Velica being the new product to support it yet to be released.

Worst case if a user wants to run it without GL support, the beauty about opensource is that you can get it and install it directly from the official project page:

AdguardHome is included in the latest OpenWRT 19.x Snapshot, so you can just do:

opkg install adguardhome

More info here:

We don’t have 19.x snapshots for AR750s either! :-/

I don’t mean GL snapshots, i mean Vanilla OpenWRT snapshots for 19.0x:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ath79/generic/

glinet_gl-ar750-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

But yes, when GL releases 19.0x versions next month, it will be possible to install AdguardHome via opkg as well. For now you can use the beta, and if you are kind to @luochongjun , he might push a new version for you.

1 Like

We’ve been nothing but kind to him/her and you too :). We just want to squeeze every bit for the money we spent. I’m sure you understand :slight_smile:
It’s nice of him/her to do these special builds.
It’d be even better if somebody can point me to a fork/repo where it’s included and v105 is tagged, I can do the rebasing and build. Also, a pointer to a tutorial where I can be sure that I don’t break my router by flashing a wrongly compiled image would be great :smiley:
I can share these builds with everybody here if this is allowed of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new releases with AdguardHome integrated would be awesome.

I’m having trouble with AR750S. Link to firmware above for the AR750S gives error: “NoSuchKey The specified key does not exist . . "
Using the router interface to AdGuardHome, when I get click button to start " Enable the AdGuardHome process”, I get “Warning: API is unavailable”.
When I try to click AdguardHome settings is takes me to IP address “http://192.168.8.1:3000/” the connection is refused. Error message: “Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.8.1:3000”.
Network mode is “Router” with connection to my home LAN. I suspect firewall problem or port-forwarding problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Which router is best to have AdGuard Home on? I have AR750s and B1300 and not happy with both. Should I upgrade ?

Due to performance/stability/memory issues, Adguard Home is only supported and included as default on the Brume and the Velica.

1 Like

Upgrade to S1300. I did the same, and i am very happy with my choice.

I have the same problem with the AR300M installing it from the Applications menu.

You also need to install the gl-agh-stats package.

AR300M is not strong enough to run Adguardhome.

But it is listed as compatible in the original post. Or am I mistaken?

Sure you can run it, but performance will be very bad.

Problem is, I can’t even get it to run.

update adghome to Version: v0.106.0-b.1 on my ar750 3.201-0403
seems to be okay

here were my steps

1. setup extroot

2. installed adghome

3. started and checked service was working and stopped service

4. downloaded mips Version: v0.106.0-b.1 .gz file

5. extracted file and scp 20mb adguardhome file /root

6. mv /etc/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome to /etc/AdGuardHomeAdGuardHome2

7. copied /root/AdGuardHome to /etc/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome
    symbolic link in /usr/bin/AdGuardHome still existed and pointed to new file no changes
    restarted service

if you wish to go back to original version I recommend backing up /etc/AdGuardhome/config.yaml to /root before launching new file. I believe launching the newer versions may make changes that original has trouble with launch back to the settings page.

Can we just install AdguardHome through the Plugins? From this comment it seems possible.

not sure if it’s my setup but adghome is not reporting client sites visited info per client. all info is directed to 127.0.0.1 I place a client ip in /etc/host and then place the ip CIDR in client settings of agh. the rule sets work but not traffic gathered per client. disabled dhcp and used adg-dchp and still no per client traffic report. anyone else experiencing this (went back to original version behaves the same)

update: original issue was on ar750 but it also exits in build 0403 on the mv1000(noextroot of course) thought it might be a memory issue but it doesn’t seem to be. perhaps an adghome issue? this is I believe to be an important issue. per client policy and tracking logs is huge

1 Like

I believe adguardhome from their site is not a native ipk file gl-i devs repackage it as one.