AR750s Keeps disconnecting

So this is another trouble. Do you have any info about the model they used? Do you repeat on 2.4G or 5G?

We may need to buy the same model and try.

Itā€™s a VMG1312-B10D.

I have 2.4g and 5ghz configured on the slate with the same ssid. Not sure what the Zexyl router is using as I donā€™t have access the the configuration

Try 3.022
Here http://download.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar750s/testing/

Shouldnā€™t we be using firmware from the ar750s folder? This is a discussion thread about the Slate.

http://download.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar750s/testing/

1 Like

Really sorry, my mistake

Yes, I saw and tried the .22 version. Did not help. The Slate still frequently disconnected from the upstream WiFi. In fact, with .22, it would disconnect and the only way to reconnect would be to log into the ui, scan for WiFi, and re-enter the upstream WiFi password.

I have switched back to my ar-300m running firmware 2.263 and it has been rock solid. Neither dropping itā€™s own WiFi broadcast, nor loosing the connection to the upstream WiFi.

So you are using AR300M and repeater works good with 2.263 but not 3.022, right? What about turn the ā€œauto scan and reconnectā€ off? Can you help to get some logs if you can try 3.022 again?

It happens to me too. Log:

I am in one room with the router.

FW 3.026.

Holy crap, why did I assume and hope like an idiot, this would be an isolated problem?! I read people complaining and hoped it wouldnā€™t get me, dumb mistake

I just sold a buddy my Mango V2 model for $20 and bought a slate and itā€™s CONSTANTLY dropping wifi.

Before anyone says it, I used the proveded USB power too, the full 2Amps or whatever it is. Nope - itā€™s terrible. Now I donā€™t even know if I can revert the firmware?

Is this a chip design flaw? Itā€™s not even warm today (it was yesterday) so itā€™s not heat.
Has anyone out there got a reliable one of these? Pretty unimpressed

I travel with one regularly throughout Europe and the US with no issues, repeating hotel, public, or business wireless and using both OpenVPN and WireGuard on the upstream connection. I have another on the bench that I develop upstream (OpenWrt) firmware on. Both I consider to be very ā€œreliableā€.

Both the primary chips in the device (the SoC and the wireless) are widely used and considered reliable. Many consider the Qualcomm Atheros SoCs and wireless to be superior to the MTK ones.

Regardless how fancy itā€™s ā€˜supposedā€™ to be - this thing is endlessly dropping out the wirleess signal - itā€™s almost as if itā€™s rebooting.

Thatā€™s WITH the correct power into the device and itā€™s not that warm.
I tried the latest firmware, heck Iā€™ve tried 3.0.25 and even the beta 3.026 firmware

This thing is a joke, Iā€™m shocked it shipped like this.
OH and I donā€™t have anything plugged into it, except one LAN cable into the the WAN port - itā€™s not like Iā€™m using it as a switch yet, I havenā€™t enabled VPN yet, Iā€™m hardly stressing the processor and itā€™s still terrible? WTF.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I have 2 accounts on here.

@waponwapoff
Is the router itself wifi dropped or the repeaterā€™s superior droppedļ¼Ÿ

This thing is entirely atrocious

This has nothing to do with the connection that is feeding the device

I can literally connect with my phone to the Wi-Fi and within 10 seconds very often it will simply disconnect.

and when I say disconnect if I go looking for the Wi-Fi again itā€™s not available for another 30 seconds as if itā€™s rebooting.

This is across 4 different power sources now as well, just to be sure that Iā€™m actually feeding at the correct amount.

The latest and the latest beta firmware both appear to be worthless.

Oh and the device has been reset at least 4 times.

Heck Iā€™m not even trying to VPN the damn thing, Iā€™m simply trying to connect to it to double check some settings on the web ui

Wow this is a particularly bad run tonight

Now my late 2018 WiFi AC compatible phone canā€™t see it at all itā€™s been offline for five minutes solid.

my 2016 WiFi AC compatible laptop canā€™t see it all itā€™s been offline for 5 minutes solid there as well.

Again to reiterate all Iā€™ve done to this thing is change the Wi-Fi password, change the management password, upload a VPN zip file (which isnā€™t in use) connected an ethernet cable to the wan port and itā€™s still just dropping Wi-Fi as if the OS on the device is literally crashing.

Awful

Apparently this is not software problem.

What is the power adapter specs you are using? Can you change a USB cable as well?

Letā€™s say that we does get a few feedback that it disconnects. But we are sure that is not common. If you want work out and we would like to help. Otherwise you can just return.

1A power from Desktop PC.
2A power as supplied from original manufacturer.
2A power from high end blitzwolf 5xUSB charger (only 1 device connected)

2 different microUSB cables.

@waponwapoff
Hi
I am very sorry, from the current situation, it is probably a hardware problem, you can contact the sales, and then return the product, we analyze the problem after getting the product, thank you.

Hi,

Who is official support? Do I just contact Amazon Australia for a return?
The device drops wifi too often, I would like a replacement, possibly a refund. Itā€™s very bad.

I donā€™t have time to diagnose these problems like this.

Hi
You can contact customer service directly on the platform you purchased, request a replacement or refund, thank you.

I have opted to replace it, fingers crossed the next one doesnā€™t drop out.
Here is the footage, surely this is broken yeah?