AR750s Keeps disconnecting

This one definitely has problems. Most of the time it is just power supplying. But it could be the router.

Did you put a sticker on the returned router so that we can investigate?

I dunno, Iā€™ve done an Amazon RMA (this is in Aus) and I took a snap of the underside to get the S/N# on the million to one chance, some idiot shipper just re-packs it and seends me the same one (itā€™s hapenned to me before after 20 years of buying stuff online)

Hopefully whoever gets it back fixes it, because itā€™s just buggy.

Oh, btw, if I connect WIFI TO WIFI (yeah, log in to my Wifi and RE-SHARE my wifi) instead of doing cabled? It worked, a little better - less dropouts.
Thatā€™s exactly 100% opposite to what Iā€™d expect it to do.

Thanks for your feedback and this is really encouragement.

I suspect itā€™s the power via the MicroUSB connector.

750s can pull up to 2A at 5VDC - which requires a good power supply. Most ā€œadaptersā€ are cell phone chargers, so they can drop down to 3.7VDC under high current demand

And itā€™s not just the adapter, but the USB cable - I donā€™t have a 750s, but my retail shipments for AR150/AR300M - robust cables were included in the box.

1 Like

This is truly ridiculous - how can this be my fault? AT ALL?
How can this possibly be my fault at all? I donā€™t understand.
No WAN plugged in
No ETH clients of any kind.
No Wifi passwords saved, no bridging, no sharing, itā€™s not connected to anything.
VPN disabled.
Itā€™s just sitting there, waiting for someone to log in, set it up.

NOTE: Tried manually selecting different wifi channels (forced) - the WHOLE SSSID DROPS OFFLINE - as if the wifichip is faulty / too hot / not enough power.
Using the official 2A adapter which comes with it.

AC/DC Adapter LA1503-0502000AUU
Output = 5V / 2000ma

Iā€™ve had enough - refund and avoid going forward! I spent so much damn time on this product. Seriously. Atrocious hardware, be warned Iā€™m not the only one complaining.

I Feel you, Ive had noting but issues till now never stays connected and ive tried everything. This product looks good only on paper but out the box noting but issues. And your 100% youre not the only one complaining, and they have no fix for any of it they have no clue how to fix itā€¦ DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING BUT HEADACHES!!! And im out of my 30 day return policy from amazon, what a waste of moneyā€¦

@itssunnyb
Sorry, we have been testing this problem, you can modify it as shown below, see if the problem is still there, we will update the test firmware this week, thank you
1.wifi-device adds the following fields
option noscan ā€˜0ā€™

2.wifi-iface increase
option disassoc_low_ack ā€˜0ā€™

1. After adding, use the following instructions
    wifi restart

In addition, we will be more new AR750S firmware recently.

itssunnyb, is your problem same as mine?

When it drops out it FULLY drops out and the ssid is gone (!!) All devices canā€™t connect, the entire wifi network appears to be missing? Takes 30 to 180 seconds to come back?

Im done trying to spend more time on this, ive lost time trying to fix issues with this crappy router. Its horrible when you buy a product and have to spend countless hours just to get to be usable (not even stable). Stop selling stuff that dont work out the box its super frustrating.

Yes same exact issues and then some on top of that, now hunting for another router, just not from this company/brand.

Thatā€™s the stage I reached, Iā€™d spent 10 of my hours on this cool gadget / gizmo that I didnā€™t REALLY need but thought it might be a nice addition to the tech library. The first one worked fine (Mango) but this thing just was the worst and I kept assuming it was my fault, I did so much messing around - but at the end of the day if the wifi network DISAPEARS clearly something is broken / rebooting / running out of power.

I donā€™t miss it!

I thought the same thing that it was my fault i even got a replacement from amazon thinking the product was defective, but no it was the device. Ive tried the fixes here on your thread and also on the one that i posted and still the same thing im done trying to fix this issues.

Iā€™m a little disappointed that this issue is still marked as fixed. The only appropriate fix is to update the firmware that these devices are running. I purchased one unit for myself and my work purchased another for me, both of which are having the same problems. The only way I have been able to make this device work, and I use that term loosely, is to turn off 5ghz all together and connect the device via WiFi to a 2.4ghz network. Now the 2.4ghz rebroadcast works, but is still unreliable as I cannot get devices to remain connected to a VPN. Very disappointing as I had convinced several of my co-workers to purchase this device before I started experiencing these issues.

If you scroll up to the post by @wellnw he posted the fix that is included in the latest firmware update.
You can set it manually, or update the firmware.

By chance, does anyone know if the ā€œdropping repeaterā€ has been fixed in AR750S firmware version 3.104? Also, where might I find Travelmate in Luci via the menu when logged in? Thanks in advance for the guidance.

I am unfortunately still experiencing this and considering returning the unit unfortunately and sadly. Canā€™t anything be done? Cause I really want to like it

It think this thread is very old and things are different now.

For AR750s repeater stability, upgrade firmware, change a better power adapter and generally this will be solved.

Well I am experiencing all of that as of today @alzhao . Using cable for uplink it is working.
I will try now to replace the power supplyā€¦ unfortunately I already contacted Amazon for replacing the unit.

If really that is the issue I really think you should said it out LOUD like in the login window, in red text. ā€œpower this unit with a lot of amperes or it would misbehaveā€ or something like thatā€¦

The power supply is actually providing 5.25 Volts which is plenty! Also current is all that is drawn by the unit. The power supply is capable of much more.

Nothing will fix it. The bug is in ath9k f/w if you are using 2.4Ghz. This bug is upstream within the Linux WiFi code