AR750S ("Slate") Initial OpenWrt Support on ath79, NAND, Linux 4.19

Initial support for the AR750S (“Slate”) on the ath79 platform, Linux kernel 4.19, with the upstream SPI NAND framework has been submitted to OpenWrt. Current patch series is available at https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/list/?series=107880

Note that these patches are subject to review and revision.

These patches, applied to OpenWrt master, should provide images suitable for both sysupgrade from NAND and U-Boot flashing through the usual OpenWrt build process.

The above patch set includes mtd: spinand: Add support for GigaDevice GD5F1GQ4UFxxG, in upstream (Linux) review at this time.

I can’t comment on when/if these will be accepted into either the OpenWrt project or the Linux project. As I don’t have an AR300M in hand, I don’t know what NAND is inside of it, so can’t easily know if it will be as straightforward to add as I hope to that it will be.

Edit: Having an AR750S running GL.iNet v3 firmware through two weeks of travel made the mess of hotel wireless and VPN so much easier to deal with. If you’ve got the latest GL.iNet firmware running, unless you’re a developer, I’d stick with that for daily use.

Thanks Jeff for your excellent work. Not sure what will happen but hopefully it can be accepted.