AX-1800 Bricked after update. No LED

I’ve powered up both ways and every other way i could think of, with and without resetting. I’ve heard about flashing via uart. But, i havent seen any sort of guide on how to do it. I dont suppose you might be able to point me in that direction?

There are pictures of the board somewhere on the forum of the steps using a GL-AX1800 Flint. Some people have done it with alligator clips but you should really solder pin connectors or wires.

I asked about the power, because technically you should have the cable plugged into the router then plug into the wall. If you have it plugged into the outlet then the device you can short it out and I have observed a spark on both the GL-AX1800 Flint and the GL-AXT1800 Slate AX.

So you cannot enter uboot any more?

It is not possible to brick the device if you flash firmware 4.1 or 3.216 on the Uboot page at http://192.168.1.1/

Please check the power or other damage with the board. Have you flashed any other firmware or Uboot?

Thank you so much for the time and trouble. I’ll give that a try and break out the soldering iron.

As for the power, i started off just plugging and unplugging from the wall. I didn’t start unplugging from the Flint until after the router LED stopped coming on and i was looking for any reason it might not be powering up. But thanks for that info about the barrel jack

At this point, i can do nothing. The led is not lit and i cant see it at all on the network, from a computer.

The device is bricked. It happened while i was flashing uboot and it failed. It was sitting on my desk with nothing but a computer, ethernet cable and the Flint router.

Oh, that’s sad. What uboot image do you use to flash?

openwrt-ax1800-4.2.1-0414-1681481817.img

My apologies. I thought it said 4.1 in my original post. But, that is the file i was using

If you upgrade at page http://192.168.1.1/uboot.html with openwrt-ax1800-4.2.1-0414-1681481817.img file. Do you see this error?

I just try upgrading at page http://192.168.1.1 and it succeed and not brick.

Yes. That is what i saw. I attempted to try again and the LED went off and i have been unable to do anything since then.

Hi do you have a usb type A-A? It’s possible to recover if the router can go into 9008 modes.
When connect to a windows PC, it will shows as COM device like this. Would you please check?

1 Like

What’s the procedure to recovery using a USB type A-A? Using a Linux system.

Hi please pm your email address, and I’ll send you a guide.

1 Like

Solution to the problem is presented here. Thank you hansome. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the guide. I am having trouble setting up tftpd32. When I follow the instructions, it gives me an error code 10049 and is unable to use the ip address 192.168.1.2 apparently. Any thoughts on how to proceed? However, on the bright side, I am able to see the router in device manager when I plug it into the usb port and power up the router.

Has another NIC taken the IP of 192.168.1.2? you can disable it temporarily.

There is only one nic in the laptop. It does mention that the gateway is empty and that seems to be part of the problem. I am not familiar with this software. But, iam following the instructions exactly.

Refer to this link:
How can I resolve an error: The address is not valid in its context (10049)? - Pro Support.

Flushing DNS did not fix the problem. But thank you for the effort. I’ll do some experimenting and research later . I will also take some screenshots of the exact errors im seeing and mail them to you.

1 Like