AX1800 - No upload on Speedtest after LuCi install

Hello. I am dumbfounded by a problem I am having with the router. I live in a rural area with no internet options except cellular. I have both a Verizon Hotpot and an Iphone 7 on the Visable network.

I am using the AX1800 as a means to change the TTL settings in order to maximize my bandwidth (while either tethered or repeating the network). I noticed that once I installed Luci, I was not uploading during the speedtest.net test. This is both before / after I changed the TTL settings. Oddly enough, before I installed Luci, it functioned reasonably well (50mps down/4mps up on hotspot). Post installation the downspeed is the same but the upload is zero. Also, the network becomes unstable, meaning that I can’t load pages every once in a while.

I suspect that Luci loads its own set of default rules upon installation. Anyone know how to set the Luci setting to the default setting that the router has before the Luci install? I am not asking to restore the factory settings but make the settings the same in Luci as it was in the factory settings. Also, if someone else has had this problem, feel free to provide a simpler fix. Thank you

I think installing Luci itself may not change anything. But when you open luci Interface and try to view or set something, it may telling you that you have some config changes, which could cause problems.

Can you let me know how did you set TTL?

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions Alzhao.

Here is the code I’ve inserted into the Firewall Custom rule. Note: I’ve tried playing with the TTL value (e.g. 64, 66, etc). I don’t think it has anything to do with the code. I’m still having issues trying to bypass the throttle limits. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s hard trying to narrow this done but that’s another issue.

#start TTL rules

iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o usb0 -j TTL --ttl-set 65
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i usb0 -j TTL --ttl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o usb0 -j HL --hl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i usb0 -j HL --hl-set 65
#end TTL rules

1 Like

I see. Didn’t have a method to optimize USB tethering yet.