B1300 Image Builder

@kyson-lok – thank you, it worked for a while, but today I have grabbed a new image builder from snapshots and there’s no profile for B1300 there anymore!

How can I build vanilla image now?

Also, with the vanilla image builder the leftmost ethernet port doesn’t work at all (the middle one is LAN and the rightmost is WAN, but the leftmost doesn’t work). I’ve tried adding the switch and switch_vlan entries in /etc/config/network and it didn’t seem to help. So two questions:

1. How can I build vanilla image now that the B1300 profile is not included in the snapshot image builder?
  2. What do I need to edit in the configs to make use of the leftmost ethernet port?

Thanks!

@kyson-lok the B1300 gor moved to the ipq40xx platofrm and its image builder includes the profile for B1300, however the ipq-wifi-glinet_gl-b1300 package is still missing from the vanilla snapshot repo. The file you’ve sent me previously was built for the ipq806x platform (cortex a15) while the current platform is ipq40xx (cortex a7). Can you please send me or post somewhere the ipq-wifi-glinet_gl-b1300 built with the ipq40xx SDK?

@stangri We have submit patch to ath10k-firmware, so this dependency is useless, you can remove it.

@stangri Have sent to you, pls check out e-mail. We have submitted patch to ath10k-firmware, after mergeing this dependency ipk will be deleted from openwrt.

Reviving this…

@kyson-lok, @alzhao and @hansome.

Initial support for B1300 was under the IPQ806x target tree and I’ve managed to make a few builds with the lede snapshot image builder before B1300 was migrated into IPQ40xx tree.

When the B1300 was switched into IPQ40xx tree, one of my customers noted significant decrease of the wireless performance under load (20-30 clients) with the images generated with the IPQ40xx builder comparing to the images made with the IPQ806x builder.

Do you gentlemen have an idea why is that and what can be done to restore the wireless performance under load to the same level it used to be on images made for B1300 with the IPQ806x image builder?

I’m talking about the vanilla OpenWrt here, without GL-Inet customizations.

Can this still be used in any way to generate a vanilla OpenWrt image?

Thanks!

I don’t think that is easy now. We used Qualcomm proprietary WiFi driver. Open source drive do have issues in performance.

The imagebuilder can’t generate a vanilla OpenWrt image. That’s qsdk imagebuilder.

Why is there a need for an image builder? Surely all B1300 owners have the same hardware so why does each person have to compile the image themselves?

Sorry if this seems a newbie question, but a pre-compiled version would help a lot of people and it is difficult to see why one is not made available but the image builder is.

Some people just want to have more software compiled in the firmware. So once they reset the firmware their stuff is still there.That is what an Imagebuilder used for.

Think of it like this. If you save all your router configuration, you can restore it if something happens.

Unfortunately, that does not install your software too.

So with imagebuilder you can basically have exactly the same as the GL compiled builds, BUT you can also choose to add your software into the image, so if you ever need to flash it again, your programs are also installed.

Sorry I understood that this was a vanilla OpenWRT/LEDE installation. Not an image builder for the present GLiNet firmware.
I would like to change to OpenWRT/LEDE because there is software installation options for things such as Adblock and wireguard in the present GLiNET firmware, and from what I have read above you need a certain level of expertise to compile the firmware.

Thanks, it makes more sense now.

You can both add and remove programs using the GL imagebuilder.
If you need to compile some program that is not in the GL package list, then yes you would have to compile it using the OpenWrt compile tools.

Hi, we wish to run OpenWRT 19.07 on the B1300, are there any plans to support the latest version on the device with the Imagebuilder repo?

You can just use openwrt firmware. It supports B1300 now.