Bonding between LAN and WAN interfaces of GL-MT300N-V2

Hi
Is it possible to create a bonding between LAN and WAN interfaces
to increase speed to 200Mb/s ?
Can it work as a router WAN<->WiFi?

Check here:

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/networking/network.interfaces

Yes, its possible in theory, but really you’re not going to see any more throughput via WiFi. You’re never REALLY going to get anywhere near 300Mbit of throughput on wifi, its generally a good rule of thumb to cut your throughput in half. Now also consider that these boards don’t have 1x 300Mbit channel, they generally do 2x 150Mbit channel, and you can quickly see that if you’re having multiple clients maxing out the wifi at the same time, you MIGHT see an improvement with bonding, but under 99% of scenarios, its extra trouble that isn’t worth it. Where you MAY want to do it is redundancy in case you lose a switch, but if you’ve got 2 redundant switches on the fabric, you’re likely not using a $20 AP :slight_smile:

Edit: Here’s a little more info:

But the bottom line is this, on a GOOD 2.4Ghz connection, you’ll see 20-40mbit of throughput, in either direction since WiFi is half-duplex by nature. That means at the best of times, you’d see 80mbit full duplex, a good 20% under the theoretical max of a single physical link, and I’ve personally tested a GL-MT300N-V2 to 98MBit full duplex via wired, so very very close to the theoretical 100Mbit full duplex maximum.

Hi
Is it possible to create a bonding between LAN and WAN interfaces and bridge the resulting bonding with wifi to increase speed to 200Mb/s ?
Can it work as an AP(Access Point) ?

It won’t increase speed to 200Mb/s.

It supports AP mode, you can upgrade to v3.0 firmware(the latest release).

It is very easy to set up AP mode. Please refer to More Settings - GL.iNet Docs

It won’t increase speed to 200Mb/s.
Why not ?
Ok, I need ,on wired part, a little more than 100 Mb/s(110 Mb/s); there are just 2 wifi clients
connected to this AP.
Any ideea where I can find a MTK7628NN datasheet ?
Atheros 9344 has one gigabit ports linked to Fast Ethernet switch,
I guess that MTK7628NN has something similar, or is it 100Mbit/s ?
Thank You

GL-MT300N-V2 has 10/100 fast ethernet switch.

You can check MT7628 datasheet in http://vonger.cn/upload/MT7628_Full.pdf.