Brume status questions?

how close to a build other than snapshot?

can we make a guest interface on the switch so as to integrate with other 3.x features?

I have tried other low power legacy wireless adapters and power seems to be an issue. gl-usb150 is the only thing working with it without any discovered issues.

I did some thermal tests and it seems to just sit at 46 C. what throttling occurs at this point?

Do you mean wifi support?

Now Brume has a testing firmware to download. It support wifi dongles AWUS036AC and AWUS036ACS

what chipsets are those?

I have owned the AWUS036AC adapter for 4+ years now and all i ever saw was it was alfa’s most powerful wifi adapter but it never had any good linux drivers. I guess that has changed. can you pm a link for the firmware or is it one that is there already in downloads?

just plugged it in and the wireless section became active in gl-webadmin. the 2.4 ghz did not show up, only the 5g.

When a did a repeater scan it only showed 5ghz wireless networks.

okay I see in the interface you can switch between 2.4ghz and 5ghz so only one can be active at any given time. makes sense from a usb power perspective.

RTL8811AU/RTL8821AU for AWUS036AC
RTL8812AU for AWUS036ACS

Firmware is here http://download.gl-inet.com.s3-website.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/firmware/mv1000/testing/

Because the dongle can only works in 2.4G or 5G but not both. So now you need to choose.

I am glad that you are the first one to try.

Pls let us know if you have any feedback.