BSSID change

Usually for OpenWRT (including 19.07) it changes the MAC/BSSID in wifi signal to add

‘option bssid 00:00:00:00:00:00

But now 3.203 does not allow. What other softwares exist on GL firmwares to change this so I can change again please?

1 Like

Which model?

You can use this actually. But this info may be modified by the repeater manager. In future version we will have lock bssid options.

Which model?

300n-v2

You can use this actually.

But like I say, it does not work when I do this.

But this info may be modified by the repeater manager.

Okay maybe this is why it will not work. Can you explain please what is “repeater manager” and how I can made the adjustment? Thank you.

Repeater manager is used to auto scan and connect to your saved SSIDs. So it will modify your sta setup. To disable repeater manager,

/etc/init.d/gl_health stop
/etc/init.d/gl_health disable 

Pls note, the side effect of this one, may cause your wifi down and you have to connect to the router via cable.

Thank you I will try this. I understand the warning, thank you.

Does gl_health control other things other than bssid? Will I lose other functions? I do not want to lose other functions, I am only asking how to make bssid control by ’ option bssid 00:00:00:00:00:00’ in /etc/config/wireless.

gl_health only deal with repeater connection

gl_health only deal with repeater connection

You mean WISP? So are you saying that it is not possible to change BSSID and also use WISP?

No, I didn’t say that.

Okay so are there any other systems that will go down if we do

?

No.

Repeater = WISP in my context.

This only affect wifi

But you said “gl_health only deal with repeater connection” so I am asking if I can still use wifi and WISP after I follow these commands:

@alzhao

This issue continue to be unresolved please.

You mean change BSSID of MT300N-V2?

What is the problem now, can you describe again? I am a little lost.