Build from GLI-repo for MIFI is broken

Building for MIFI is broken, as it results in a clash:
Collected errors:

• check_data_file_clashes: Package wpad-mini wants to install file /etc/openwrt/openwrt_gli_MIFI/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/sbin/hostapd
    But that file is already provided by package * wpad
  • check_data_file_clashes: Package wpad-mini wants to install file /etc/openwrt/openwrt_gli_MIFI/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant
  • check_data_file_clashes: Package wpad-mini wants to install file /etc/openwrt/openwrt_gli_MIFI/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/sbin/wpad
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package wpad-mini.

Using target MIFI, plus option “Select basic packages” in menuconfig.
Manually removing wpad-mini from selected packages fixes the issue. ALthough I do not need full wpad, wpad-mini would be suffcient. May be, use wpad-mini as default, instead of wpad ?

You should untick wpad-mini and build again. Just curious, why don’t you use imagebulder instead of buildroot?

Yes, I did that already. However, to save space in flash/RAM, and because I do not need the “enhanced” features of wpad, would like to “untick” wpad and “tick” wpad-mini. Not so easy, though.
I also need to edit Makefile for squid, to save RAM and to drop IPv6 features for same reason.
Used to do all this on official openwrt/LEDE when developing custom firmware for special products.
For the actual one, the MIFI-hardware seems very suitable (battery and 3g integrated) for unattended operations.