Cannot connect Slate router using Wireguard to Android phone

Did you configure port forwarding on your main router?

Could you please also take a screenshot of WireGuard page on your iPhone?

This router is the main router.

Screenshots [keys and IPs deleted]
Wireguard settings (as created by QR code):

iOS VPN settings

notes:
• the router is on an external IP.
• Clients can connect but no data moves through.

can you change the server port from 51820 to one low port, e.g. 1080 etc.?

Also when you use this, do not connect to the router which is the server at the same time, use your carrier data and try.

When you are connect to the Wireguard server’s wifi and want to connect to the Wireguard sever at the same time, it may not work. Of course it does not make sense because you are in its direct wifi network.

So when you set up a Wireguard server, alway turn off your phone’s wifi and use your carrier data to test. This is what you will do when you travel.

Changing the port does not resolve the issue— still no data through.

notes:

1. when testing I am using only cellular only; wifi is off.
    The screen caps above were taken hastily for posting here.

2. This WireGuard connection issue described above occurs on two nearly identical systems: outside IPs, Hong Kong Telecom/Netvigator fibre, same client set, only difference: one is GL Mango, another is GL Slate (both on latest FW.) (Yes, I’m using different login credentials for each server.)
    These routers work correctly in all aspects including OpenVPN server but not working for WireGuard server.

After Starting WireGuard server, are the Firewall Zones default settings correct ?

I has just tested wireguard server feature on Mango(GL-MT300N-V2), it work.
Mango firmware version: openwrt-mt300n-v2-3.026-0729.bin,
Port forward 51999,
WireGuard for Android v0.0.20190605
Android Phone use carrier data.

After starting wireguard server, default settings of the Firewall Zones are correct.

When you start wireguard server at home, did you use your phone ( use carrier data ) to test it immediately?

PS: wireguard is not designed to across the gfw, so if you use it in mainland china, it may not work.

Leo,
Yes, for testing I use my iPhone on cellular and later on my laptop via WiFi from another location.

These are the default firewall settings I’m getting on the Mango (Firmware noted above):

I can see why no data passes.

There are my default firewall settings (luci) on Mango(GL-MT300N-V2)

There are my default firewall settings (Admin Panel) on Mango (GL-MT300N-V2)

It do not need to config firewall when config wireguard server on gl.inet routers.

Thanks @Leo. Problem solved