I am trying to set up a home VPN server using WireGuard protocol. I managed to do this using AR300M mini-router, after setting up static IP and port forwarding on my main router. I tested the setup using WireGuard app on my Android phone and it all works well.
Being very happy and excied it worked with AR300M, I ordred MT2500 (Brume 2) which supports much higher speeds. I repeated the exact same steps as for setting up AR300M:
- Connect Brume’s WAN port into main router’s LAN port.
- Give Brume 2 static IP address.
- Set up TCP/UDP port 51820 forwarding to Brume 2.
- Start a WireGuard server on Brume 2.
- Create a new WG client configuration and load it on the Adroid phone via QR code.
- Attempt to connect to the WireGuard server from the phone. This step fails as there is no response from the server.
The main difference between AR300M and MT2500 seems to be the firmware version - 3.x versus 4.x. Can you kindly provide some advice why this would work on 3.x but does not work on 4.x?