I just got the ar750s and i was planning to flush it with an openwrt image. I have followed the this guide Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Docs and everything works fine.
- I have started the router while holding the reset button
- The led is flashing 5 times
- I have set static ip to 192.168.1.2
- In the browser i go to 192.168.1.1
- I get the firmware update page
It works fine but ONLY ON WINDOWS. The thing is that i don’t have windows and i tested this through a friend’s laptop.
Why isn’t this process working on linux? How can i get it to work?
Here is a couple of hints from my system.
- It seems that the router does not advertise correctly the mac address. Here is the arp table when the router is in uboot debrick mode.
Address HWtype HWaddress Flags Mask Iface 192.168.1.1 (incomplete) enp0s31f6
As a result, whenever i try to ping the router or curl it or go to the browser i always get “Destination Host Unreachable”, or “No route to host”
- Here is my route table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 enp0s31f6 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 enp0s31f6
Even if i set the mac address of the router manually all i will get is to not get the above messages but the page still won’t load.
I have changed routes manually, set ip address manually even mac address of the router. It simply won’t work on linux and it works out of the box on windows. Any ideas?
Did anyone have any success getting the “Firmware update” page to load on linux?