Can't access to webservers throught Wireguard VPN

Currently, I have two routers set up. The first router is provided by my ISP and the second router is a GL-AXT1800 router. I’ve connected the two routers using a LAN port on router 1 and the WAN port on router 2.

I’ve created a DMZ zone from the LAN port on router ISP to WAN port on router GL-AXT1800.

One of the GL-AXT1800 router’s LAN port is connected to a minipc with a Proxmox node with two VM, a Pi-hole and Nextcloud.

I can surf the internet from Wifi, Pi-hole does its job, I can configure the Wireguard’s VPN server and I arrive to the GL-AXT1800’s management web interface (192.168.3.x). However, I can’t reach the Pi-hole nor Nextcloud in the same subnet 192.168.3.x

What am I doing wrong? What am I missing?

Best regards!! :grinning: :grinning:

Some screenshots from the configs that are already done:

Should I set up port forwarding?

:grinning: :grinning:

I have written a guide myself, but it is in Chinese. Can you try to translate it into English? Mostly screenshots

1 Like

Finally, I’ve reset the GL-AXT1800, started again and now the VPN is working. Thinking about it, perhaps I broke something when I was messing with the configs and the luci web interface.

@luochongjun Thank you very much for your guide!! :clap: :clap:

Best regards!! :grinning: :grinning:

VPN Networking (net to net)

Scenario Description

Using net to net networking mode, you can realize mutual access and resource sharing between two different subnets.

Topology Diagram

! Untitled

Configuration Steps

The following configuration is deployed according to the topology diagram above, based on the WIREGUARD implementation.

Configuration on Device A

1. Configure device A as a wireguard server, please refer to other documents for basic wireguard server configuration.
  2. Configure the WIREGUARD server option as follows

! Untitled

1. Add the following static routing rules

Add the following static routing rules ! Untitled

2. Start the wireguard server

3. Export the exported client configuration to device B as a backup

Configuration on device B

1. VPN clinet working in customized route mode

! Untitled

1. Add the configuration file exported from device A to the list of wireguard clients, see other documents for details.
  2. Configure the WIREGUARD client options to the following state

! Untitled

1. Add the following static routing rules

Add the following static routing rules ! Untitled

1. Enable the wireguard client and connect to the

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)