Chromecast on main WiFi

So I’ve been having trouble trying to get this to work. For now I currently have the GL-MT300N-V2 but planning to upgrade to the GL-MV1000.

So the issue problem I want to fix is allowing my Chromecast which is connected to my VPN Router but I am unable to access it without connecting to the GL-MT300N-V2 on WiFi which isn’t a hassle for me but is for my family which isn’t very tech savvy. In this scenario I am connected to my main router wifi on my phone and I would like to be able to cast to my chromecast which is on my GL-MT300N-V2 network but to do that I need to connect to the wifi of the VPN Router for the chromecast to show up to allow me to cast. I also want to retain the ability to have the Chromecast connected to my Canadian VPN which allows me to cast DAZN services.

Any Ideas? If you need any more information I’m happy to try and expand on this.

This topic is very similar to the issue I’m having, which is put way more clearer than my topic.

If you already have your own wifi and want to reserve that, it may be a little difficult.

If you want to use the mini router as your main wifi, you can try to set up vpn policy so that you chromecast goes to vpn while others does not.