Convexa B1300 drops connection after 3.203 firmware upgrade

If S1300 is the master, you should not loose the admin panel. Except for mesh, did you make other settings?

All that was done was updating firmware on the S1300 to 3.203. Per the GUI, no settings were saved to “prevent compatibility issues.” When I pressed and held the Mesh button until the blink pattern changed, about 5 seconds, I saw the separate 5G SSID disappear and the mesh light blinked like it was attempting to set up mesh. When reconnected to the router, I was not able to return to the GUI while it was in Mesh mode. I was able to return to the GUI as soon as I shut off the Mesh mode without changing any other settings. This process was tried with multiple computers and different OS without changes. This resulted in our reverting back to firmware 3.105, but it is behaving the exact same.

So, that’s why I’m wondering if not maintaining settings and plugins may have caused the problem, hence the question regarding a lost plugin.

Hi kelzamedic,
Confirm the version:
S1300:3203
B1300:3.105

Then the MESH of S1300 and B1300 is not work properly,but only network of S1300 could works normally?
Is that the case?

The S1300 was updated to v3:203, which caused it to become inaccessible in MESH mode. It was then reverted to v3:105, where it remains and when MESH mode is entered, the unit is not accessible by wired or wireless connection. I have performed a reset, have reflashed with v3:105, and the unit remains inaccessible as soon as I press the mesh button and it enters mesh mode. It appears that the unit is not providing DHCP support in mesh to any connected client, and even with a client on a static IP, it remains inaccessible.

The B1300 has not been updated.

Is the WAN port of the S1300 connected to an upper-layer network cable when the MESH network is established?

When the MESH network is established, the S1300 serves as the main route and requires the WAN port to be connected to the network cable. Otherwise it will be configured as a sub-routing, which is the network function will be abnormal and there will be no DHCP function.

No, the S1300 is not connected to an upper-level network cable when the Mesh is established, and it never has been in my application. The reason for the use of the S1300 for us is the capability of USB-Wan, which is successfully running when the unit is placed in mesh mode. This has historically and repeatedly worked for us until this upgrade and downgrade.

Success with these steps:

1. Factory reset master node by holding down the power button until the power light blinks rapidly and shuts off. Release the power button. (Bench tests show a more successful initial mesh if the master is operating on a clean UI.)
  2. Connect master node via WIFI or Ethernet
  3. Log into master node UI at 192.168.8.1. Perform the initial language selection and administrative password update.
  4. Ensure that there is a powered ethernet device on the WAN port-this does not need to be an upstream device, it is required for the Master to identify itself as the master when entering the mesh mode.
  5. Ensure that there are no other devices via WIFI or LAN, other than your connected PC and the step 3 WAN port connected.
  6. Ensure that there are no ethernet or WAN connections to the slave.
  7. Reset 1st slave node
  8. Place slave node near the master node
  9. Press the mesh button on the master node until the second faster flash and release
  10. Press the mesh button on the slave node until the second faster flash and release
  11. Wait - this appears to take a completely random amount of time to get a proper mesh connection. Often more than the state 3-4 minutes above.
  12. You can go to the master node @ 192.168.8.1 and watch the status of the mesh ( doing browser refreshes) , you should eventually see “Wireless” change to “Mesh” on the LHS menu and you should see node 1 appear under the mesh on the mesh page. Wait until you get solid green on both nodes.
  13. If you have additional nodes, reset them, bring them close to the master node and slave node
  14. Repeat steps 9-12 above until you see node 2, node 3 etc and solid mesh lights
  15. Change the mesh name and password to what you want it to be on the mesh node on the master node
  16. Place the nodes where you want them
  17. Find the optimal position for the nodes so that all nodes show connecting to the mesh (solid led)

I attempted additional mesh connections after the 3.203 update on both the S1300 and the B1300, thinking that doing a master reset on both, updating both to 3.203, master resetting the B1300 and going through the procedure which was successful above, might work as if you had an existing mesh between the same units and updated the master that the slave wouldnt have the new firmware.

This was initially successful in creating a mesh with both units under the 3.203 firmwares on both units, but both became unstable and lost internet connection after time.

I also noted that the B1300 unit seems unable to take the Luci or other plugins after the 3.203 firmware update. This appeared as an insufficient memory/storage in the unit. Not sure if this is causing issues with the mesh as it is attempting to receive information from the master.

Both have been reverted to the 3.105 firmware and following the procedure above, are meshed and up and running stable.

Recommend that tech support use the above amended procedure for instructions in establishing a mesh between a S1300 (master) and a B1300 (slave) in a firmware 3.105 mesh scenario. Please update us here when the 3.203 mesh is stable.

Thanks for everyone’s input.

1 Like