Crazy question about crypto

I very much doubt this but thought I would ask :).

Are any of the gl.inet devices able to act as crypto miners and if so, which ones?
What is the minimum amount of CPU/Memory needed?
What coin could it mine?

Actually 7 years ago, when bitcoin mining start getting very hot, we have tried.

But in mining scenario, the router is far from usable. The router is good at routing, not computing. So there is chipset for mining specifically.

The router ends with the application of mining machine controller. We have used one mini router to control 10 mining machines. We have also tried to plug a USB miner directly on the router and control it.

I didn’t think so but thought I’d ask since there is always technology that is not well known sometimes.

Thanks.

As far as I know, gl.inet devices are not capable of acting as crypto miners. Even if they were, the router’s hardware is not suitable for the intense computing demands of mining, which would likely make the device slow and practically unusable. If you’re looking to get into crypto mining, it’s best to invest in specialized mining hardware such as ASICs. As for the minimum CPU/memory requirements for mining, it depends on the specific coin you want to mine and its algorithm. Also, have you ever tried forex trading websites? They can be a great way to get involved in the financial market and potentially earn some profits.

It’s an old question but I asked because I have hundreds of these little routers and was trying to think of ways of putting them to use, even if it was super slow mining, mesh ideas, etc.

There are so many cool technologies that people come up with that you never know about unless you ask.

Cryptomining using those devices is useless. They are not suitable for it and the consumed power will be higher than the crypto output.

This was answered long ago as a no go which I knew but wanted to ask anyhow :).