Custom X750 Firmware V3.100 Custom Firewall Config

Hello,
I currently sell X750 modems running firmware 3.100. I have to manually configure each modem before giving it to a customer and it adds a lot of time. Additionally, if a customer resets the modem, I have to reconfigure it. Could someone compile a custom firmware for me?

I’m needing the following code inserted in the custom firewall: iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64

I would also like Remote Management to be enabled by default.

Additionally, when I set the modem up with a Verizon or AT&T SIM, sometimes the default APN is not correct. If a Verizon SIM is inserted, I would like the APN to be “VZWINTERNET”. If an AT&T SIM is inserted, I would like the APN to be “NXTGENPHONE”. (I also use T-Mobile SIMs, but the modem always connects to the correct APN: fast.t-mobile.com). Is there a way to make the modem only use these three APNs unless another is manually entered?

I would gladly pay someone to help me compile this firmware. I’ve sold over 70 X750 modems and plan on selling many more. This would help me speed up the process and sell more units.

Lane

Hi Lane,

Can you pm me your info and we could help to do something?

Hello,
Is this custom firmware option available? I am also needing the same solution.

Yes. New firmware will have ttl settings.

1 Like

the current firmware version is 3.100, when can we expect the new version? really need to set up the ttl. or is there any other way to to that? BTW my device is Mudi GL-E750

If anyone is interested, I composed a version of the X750 3.104 firmware that has the TTL firewall script added, Goodcloud enabled by default, and a startup script that automatically (and correctly) assigns the VZWINTERNET, NXTGENPHONE, or FAST.T-MOBILE APN depending on which SIM is inserted. If someone wants to know how to do this, I can post a tutorial. The main issue I had was figuring out how to compile the latest firmware in the GL Imagebuilder (it would always default to an older firmware), but it’s an easy fix.

1 Like

I also added more stock APN commands that are helpful in dealing with buggy connections or trying to fine tune the band/carrier aggregation settings for maximum speed.

I think I figured out my self, uninstall the luci reinstall it. than i can see the Advanced option under the more settings. log in with root and my own admin password. and than set the custom rule iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64

Would you mind posting the additional commands and where they go? I’m having a terrible time with Verizon. Sometimes it works and then the modem disconnects and it stops working until I spend endless time messing with it. Thanks!

1 Like

Lane, I would definitely be interested in this. Could we talk more about this? I am starting to get into the x750s and I have been trying to find a way to customize the settings to make it easier.

1 Like

Lane, I am also interested in custom firmware image. I would also like to add another openwrt package as well. Would like to talk more about this…

1 Like

Sorry for the late replies everyone. I’ve started selling custom firmware as a service. If you’re interested, please email me at support@aeoninnovations.net.

Here are some of the features I am able to add:

1. Custom TTL firewall script
  2. Custom APN auto-startup script
  3. Custom AT command shortcuts and/or a password-protected access to certain AT commands
  4. Hiding the IMEI from the GUI
  5. Hiding any GUI pages from the navigation
  6. Harcoding a default admin password
  7. Hardcoding GoodCloud configurations
  8. Hardcoding VPN configurations
  9. Disabling access to SMS via the GUI