EasyTether setup questions

I am following the steps here: EasyTether - GL.iNet Docs to set up EasyTether on my Spitz 750 and android phone (paid for Pro version).

I have followed the steps and it looks like tethering is functioning. I can connect another device and do speed tests, access internet, etc.

Question 1: on the router Admin/Internet page there is no indication that Tethering is actually happening. Is this the expected behavior? Or should I see the Tether info active, as when I connect a tethered device manually, through this page?

Question 2: at the bottom of the setup pages referenced in the link above there is a last section ‘Interface Priority’. And it discusses setting these values:

option metric 10 wan (Ethernet)
option metric 20 wwan (Wi-Fi Repeater)
option metric 30 easytether (EasyTether)

To what ‘config interface’ should I add these lines? There are several ‘config interfaces’, and I do see one for easytether →

config interface ‘easytether’
option proto ‘dhcp’
option metric ‘30’
option ifname ‘tap-easytether’

So could someone please clarify the location (which config interface) addition of the option metric values listed in the installation web link above?

Thanks!

The UI does not consider easytethering interface. So you cannot see it.

The metric value means priority of connection if you have multiple connection. A lower value means prior.

I think this is correct interface

config interface 'easytether'
option proto 'dhcp'
option metric '30'
option ifname 'tap-easytether'

When using EasyTether, do I also need to set the custom TTL rules in the Firewall? Something like this?

Aug 30, 2021
#start TTL rules
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 64
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 64
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
#end TTL rules

Sorry I don’t know. If default ttl is working you do not need to change it.