Firmware development for mt300a

Actually I was referring to:

http://download.gl-inet.com.s3.amazonaws.com/firmware/mt300n-v3/testing/list.txt
→ Firmware 3.002 for MT300N V3

and:

http://download.gl-inet.com.s3.amazonaws.com/firmware/mt300n/testing/list.txt
→ Firmware 3.0 for MT300N

at least according to the description of the list.txt files it should be latest v3 test releases for these devices… and I wondered about MT300A, as I didn’t find any test releases for it

And about the hang ups with higher traffic loads, is there any solution for MT300A?

Will put a v3.0 testing firmware in it soon. Please have a try the latest firmware.

I’m already on latest testing v2.27 since its release and it was a step foreward… if there is no heavy load the connection on WISP mode with an 802.1x EAP PEAP MSCHAPV2network will stay some days until it will eventually loose connection to it and/or hang itself up and needs to be manually rebooted (reset button or power cut)

Before I was on v2.264 and it would hang up with same configuration all the time… sometimes even more then once per hour but never a complete day.

Hopefully v3 will have a stable connection for me…

Nice, v3.0 has integrated with 802.1x, you can have a try soon.

If I’m not using your custom interface but only OpenWRT through LUCI interface, is there any difference compared to the official OpenWRT release:

like added features, better drivers, etc…

Will I loose Luci interface if I flash this firmware through /luci/admin/system/flashops with keep settings activated?

It’s the same. You can try OpenWRT official firmware.

Hi @kyson-lok

Thank you very much for the new testing release. A huge step forward for me. Now the router doesn’t disconnect anymore even with high traffic and under heavy load. The new GUI is much better then the old one and the integration of 802.1x EAP protocols is working right from your GUI also and saved networks feature is a neat feature, too :+1:

So far so good, but then still sporadically (happened three to four times in the last 72 hours) it gets disconnected and doesn’t reconnect automatically anymore.

Maybe it has to do with the fact, that I connrect to a WPA2-EAP network (UPC Wi-free) with multiple hosts that share same SSID over multiple routers as a free to connect guest network for their members, so it can happen that someone shuts down his modem and then router should switch to another availabe UPC Wi-Free host (that will have another BSSID) and I think, that here it does get disconnected and doesn’t reconnect to another host as they don’t share the same BSSID. So it should save only SSID to connect while ignoring the BSSID diffenerences… I’m not a professional and that’s only my assumption… do you have any solution for me?

You are right. We are saving the BSSID for reference only. so the router should connect to other network with same SSID and password.

BUT the repeater manager does have problems sometimes. I cannot say it is bugs but we need to improve this feature so it should always try to connect if it can.

1 Like

I just saw the new gl-mt300a-3.0-1011_clean.bin from 11.10. in clean folder (http://download.gl-inet.com/firmware/mt300a/clean/)… is this one now a stable version (online update still says 2.264 is last update) and what is new compared to gl-mt300a-3.003-0929.bin in “testing”?

Btw: What’s the difference between “clean” and “v1” versions?

Just found it here GL-MT300N-V2 and Tor Firmware - #6 by alzhao

• Clean is firmware with only Luci.
  • V1 folder is our release stock firmware

Will the configurations kept save going from “testing” 0929 to “clean” 1011?

Don’t use clean. You will lost everything.
Pls use firmware in v1 or without clean in the names.

Just found another bug:

In your GUI v3 it states correctly:
grafik

I have two devices connected to both ports. However the device that is connected to the WAN port is not connected as LAN device and doesn’t show up… but when connected to the LAN port it works normally.

Then when I change it back to WAN in the GUI, both disappear and the option to choose connection vor Cable (DHCP, static or PPPoE) appears, where i choose the lower button “use as LAN” then the MAC adresses of both devices appear but without being assigned to an IP:

even a reboot doesn’t solve the issue…

btw: I have both devices MAC adresses assigned to specific IP adresses in LUCI… seems to be a problem somewhere in DHCP server… when I find time I will try to disassign them and see if it works then → not to assign them to a specific IP adress didn’t change anything… still no IP assigned to the devices

Is there a manual way to solve this issue in Luci or command console?

I saw that you assigned same IP to different mac. This could be an issue. Can you pls remove this and test again?

When used as LAN there should have no difference compared to connecting to LAN.

@alzhao I don’t understand what you mean… I didn’t assign same IP to different MAC. Rather every device that is connected to WiFi shows up twice: once as WiFi device and once as LAN device (it was always like that per default, thought this is normal in repeater mode as every device has same IP and MAC adress…) but for the sake of testing I removed all static leases and rebooted all devices to test, if anything will change → still the same:

PS: when I activate WAN, then the LAN connected devices don’t show up at all, not even the one on the LAN port.

@gachmuret This problem is caused by a bug in our background API, the next version will be fixed.

1 Like

So if it is only a bug in your API I assume openwrt settings should work… How can I configure it right in Luci in order to have these devices on LAN/WAN ports assigned to LAN correctly?

@gachmuret You can refer to the steps below to set up WAN to LAN.
1.Login in Luci ->Network->Interfaces->LAN
2. Click Edit ->Physical Settings
3.Refer to the figure below to set

1 Like

Hello, I am using version 3.005 so far without problems with overlay in microsd and I would like to know if there is possibility to add an advanced option to the button tab both to use the third position with mod and execute a custom command or activate or deactivate a custom service

You can check /etc/rc.button folder and add your script manually.

I want to run the following command: /etc/init.d/hueemulator start
Or it can also be:
python3 /opt/hue-emulator/HueEmulator3.py > /dev/null &