Flash MT2500 (CN) to Global Version

My friend bought a unit MT2500A for my Christmas present. When I complete setup, I found that MT2500 is CN version, default dun have VPN and adguard feature inside. It is possible flash the firmware to global version with VPN and AdGuard Application?

Add your request to @alzhao of GL.iNet:

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

I got the same issue too.
My friend bought me a MT2500A as a Christmas gift as well as an upgrade to GL-AR300M for remote access to home network.
When I complete setup, I found that MT2500 is CN version and VPN server feature is pulled out from GL.iNET Panel.
I now studying the feasibliitiy on using Luci to setup the server for home access, but no luck yet.
It is possible flash the firmware to global version with VPN server application?

My MT2500 is CN version,Can you guide me how to fix it please?

Hi yuxin, same problem here when my friend delivered me MT2500A from China. it shows CN on the top of the admin panel as the screenshot above. May you send me the solution to switch to global version? thx.
btw I tried to flash the firmware available on https://dl.gl-inet.com/, but it didn’t work…

Please check your mail box.

Thank you!

Got it, thanks a lot!

please give me the instruction too. Thanks.

When I complete setup, I found that MT2500 is CN version, default dun have VPN and adguard feature inside. It is possible flash the firmware to global version with VPN and AdGuard Application?

No, It’s not possible.

Can i have the guide, my is MT2500 CN.

Hi @yuxin.zou, Can I have the instruction as well please? My MT2500a is on CN version.

@yuxin.zou Hi, I currently have a a1300 and ar750s running, they work very well, then I bought this in HongKong from carousell and it was CN version, can you help me about this? Much appreciated.

@yuxin.zou sir, can i have the instruction to flash my mt2500 to global version.Thank you very much!

I would also need the instructions to flash my MT2500 to the global version, as it does not work as a WG client at the momen

I also need this information, if anyone can share.

Found that the firmware build from GitHub source code works…

here is one built from a JiaY-shi :
https://github.com/JiaY-shi/build-gl.inet/releases/tag/target_mt7981_gl-mt2500.true.2023.02.01-0342

I used [ squashfs-sysupgrade.bin ] to upgrade and VPN part shows back.

I am facing the same problem. Can I have the solution too?

@yuxin.zou , Can I have the instruction to flash my MT-2500A from CN to global version? Thank you very much!

@yuxin.zou I’m in the same situation and I would also like to know if there is a solution

How did you flash this on your router ?