Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) DHCP issues

Hello,
I have connected my Flint 2 as in the following diagram:

I cannot make the DHCP for the VOIP gateway to work.
From Luci I have create the Interface VoIP and then from the devices, I assigned lan2 to it with with Static Address and the IP 172.16.0.0/30 (172.16.0.0/255.255.255.252).

From the CLI I can ping 172.16.0.1.
However, the client does not receive an IP address!

From the logs I see this:

Sun Mar  3 11:15:55 2024 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'lan2' link is up
Sun Mar  3 11:15:55 2024 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'VoIP' has link connectivity
Sun Mar  3 11:15:55 2024 kern.info kernel: [3161515.367941] mt7530-mdio mdio-bus:1f lan2: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

as you can see, there is no DHCP negotiation. On the client side, I don’t see any response to the DHCP request and the same happen when I connected my Linux laptop directly on port 2.

DHCP on my Guest and primary networks works just fine. I am utterly confused.

Any ideas?

Does the DHCP server listen on the interface?

Hmm im terrible with subnet calculating so forgive me that i used a calculator :slight_smile:

According this site you can only have 2 hosts which consists as 1 gateway, 1 client, and 1 broadcast ip.

So theoretical that should be fine, but since you type about a host network, i wonder how it has been typed in the network interface?

in luci the ipaddr should be 172.16.0.1.

Please also post your network configuration and firewall ones :+1:

The default global firewall rule is set to drop for input, new zones copy that behaviour meaning it drops all incoming connections, so for the zone it needs to be set to accept.

The IP is .1 we are good on this.
Firewall could be an issue and actually makes sense.
I will take a look and return shortly

1 Like

How can I see this from the CLI?

Not sure about CLI but in luci you can show the tab “DHCP Server” when you click “Edit” on that interface.

uci show firewall

For the zones in specific:

uci show firewall.@zone[-1] <-- shows last created zone

and if you increment it to positive you start from first zone to last, 0 is likely lan, etcetera.

Just figured out uci show firewall.@zone[] outputs all zones :grin: nvm.

1 Like

It was the firewall.
So, now I get an IP, ICMP is probably OK. I think ICMP it’s a bit liberal as I have set it to allow traffic for the device and not just the 172.16.0.1 but it’s OK.

Many thanks to both of you!

1 Like