Flint GL-AX1800 2.4 GHz can't connect

Did you change the power adapter?

Is there any other router around which could cause interference?

The power adapter is the ICP30A-120-1500 that was included with the purchase and has not been changed either before or after the problem was solved. Also, the power outlet to which it is connected has not been changed in the same way.

There is no other router around, but if I had to guess, it might have something to do with the fact that the USB 3.0 external HDD is connected and the installation location is inside a metal rack.

After further probing the problem in my environment after my earlier post, I found that the problem may or may not occur depending on where the bottom of the Flint unit comes in contact with the bottom of the metal rack.

I placed a board between the bottom of the Flint and the metal rack at the location where the problem initially occurred, and the 2.4GHz band is now working reliably.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it was mentioned here but USB 3.0 creates -20 deceble noise when in use. You should try wall mounting about 1-2 feet from the ceiling and move the harddive as far away from the router as possible.
Here is a article on the the subject:

2 Likes

Fantastic !
Iā€™ve wrapped my Slate AX USB3.0 cables in Aluminium foil and tuned my router upside down with aerials pointing downwards. Lo and behold, the 2.5Ghz network is working perfectly !!
Awesome !

I have the same problem. Router GL-AX1800 (v 4.4.60) worked for a couple of years but now I donā€™t have 2.4 GHz network. Sometimes it works, sometimes doesnā€™t. I tried the tips here (decrease power; decrease range; limit authentication methods) and they worked for a time only. Even putting the router upside down worked for a time, but the problem comes back.

Now I removed the USB flash drive (EXT4, easy on power) and network came back again. I donā€™t know for how longā€¦ :frowning: