Flint (GL-AX1800) Latest firmware

Thats not DNS ( domain name system) settings, thats the VPN (virtual private network) settings. DNS will be under network.

I use adgaurdhome so yours will be slightly different. More like this:

Generally speaking when you use a VPN you want to change your network DNS to your VPNs DNS if offered, most VPN providers have that built into the config file. Claudflare, CIsco open DNS, Quad9 are also good alternatives.

Also under your DNS setting check edit host, should only be the DNS you want.

DNS leak can also be caused be devices that are hard coded so Override DNS Settings for All Clients should be on.

1 Like

I installed the latest 4.2.0 snapshot. I will give it time and see if this is more stable compared to 4.2.0 beta 2.

I will keep you all posted.

Yes have seen that a few times but not actually done a DNS leak test, otherwise I have not detected any DNS leak on the Flint, next time I see yellow I will do a DNS leak test.

Hi MeWhy yes your correct my connection went from green to orange and still connected so I done a leak test and it showed different servers.

Hello I think I’ve final found what is stopping the Flint and stopping the DNS look up problem this also locked you out of the router and only a hard reset (power removal) to get back into the gui the problem is AdGuard and I don’t know how to resolve this switching AdGuard off every thing works fine if you click on the settings page I get this screen forever.

DNS server is starting up
Anyone had this problem this is the latest version of AdGuard it has been running smooth for about 24 hours and then all computers tablets phones etc can’t access and DNS service but internet radio already connected is unaffected, unless you restart them then they can’t access ant DNS servers to connect.
AdGuard deactivated everything is fine.

Its always the russians!! :rofl: :rofl:
AdGuard - Wikipedia.

Love your product boyz :heart_eyes:

My router locking up looks like it was my fault because AdGurard was put on a USB now back in the etc folder no issue just over a week now, except the VPN goes orange sometimes and like another user discovered when this happens shows multiple DNS address

With the latest firmware when adguard is on memory up at 94% e randomly freeze

Pretty sure its a memory leak in the stable and beta firmware. Snapshots seems to have fixed it although memory is still at 94%. I have a uptime of 16 days now and counting.

2 Likes