Flint (GL-AX1800) VPN and AdGuard router

The Flint was an addition to my travel router Beryl (GL-MT1300) to be used at home. The router featured a VPN client and AdGuard to protect my home network and it performs very well with WireGuard (subscription required) as my VPN. With a VPN client properly configured, you can enjoy Netflix even more by unlocking titles not available in your country. Flint is equipped with WiFi6 so streaming is fast and surfing the internet is faster, even with VPN enabled. I cannot recommend this router enough for anyone who is concerned about being secure online and the addition of AdGuard, it will reduce and spam mails and marketing ads while online. The price of the Flint does not reflect features it offers which is comparable to more expensive main stream routers like D-Link and Linksys which can be double or even triple the cost. If you are looking for a fully featured router with many options including a VPN client built-in and AdGuard, give Flint (GL-AX1800) a look, you will not be disappointed.

2 Likes

I can only subscribe what diablocortez wrote about The Flint. I bought the GL-AX1800 based on two criteria. One. I own a GL-AR750S travel router and am charmed by the simplicity of operation, the regularity of the software updates, the multitude of installable options via OpenWRT, the built-in security through VPN/WireGuard/AdGuard/DNS encryption/WPA3 etc. ** Two**. I am not satisfied with my current AC3200 router (of a different make) and had been looking for some time for something else. Result. I bought the Flint. It is amazing, fast and cheap. I had tested powerlines before, without much success. This router makes any reinforcement of the WiFi signal unnecessary in my house. I’m very satisfied, with my second GL.iNet router.

3 Likes

@bert @diablocortez Thank you so much for your feedback! We’re glad that Flint satisfies your needs. :smile: