Found some bug on flints luci interface

Hi there,

So I was in the progress of setting up a vlan on the flint ax router by removing eth1 from the lan interface from psysical ports.

Then I made a new interface ‘VLAN_TV’ with a device bridge to eth1.20.

Now I also added a firewall zone from VLAN_TV to WAN smilliar to lans default interface to wan.

But then I still had no internet, so I stopped wireguard in the GL ui, this gave me internet because of course I forgot to forward the wireguard firewall zone to my vlan.

However when I went to the firewall area back in luci I got greeted with this error on the zone fields (500 internal server error):

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:433: Failed to execute function dispatcher target for entry '/admin/network/firewall'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:433: Failed to execute arcombine dispatcher target for entry '/admin/network/firewall/zones'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/map'.
A runtime error occured: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/tblsection'.
A runtime error occured: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/firewall_zoneforwards'.
A runtime error occured: /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/firewall.lua:21: bad argument #2 to 'get' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:433: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:168: in function 

So I tried to undo everything because maybe something was corrupt on the config so I only deleted the VLAN interface in luci… This error keeps persisting now but I wonder how its possible that I sort of managed to break luci within luci.

My firmware is 3.207 (2021-11-29 22:17:00) it was a test build.

Note that the following was on or off:

• Nextdns and dns overriding were both on
  • wireguard was off
  • vpn policy was off aswell
  • ipv6 is off

As for network config files if any are needed please let me know.

I’m not sure if I are at the right place to post a bug, but feel free to direct me to a place where I can.

Thanks, have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Could you please send me the following files:

/etc/config/network
/etc/config/firmware

I added network and firewall.

I also think I know why I managed to get this error, when I connect with wireguard through gl-inets web ui it creates a wireguard zone and it removes it when I disconnect, however I also have made my own wireguard zone to forward to other subnets, but I think what happened here was that I already deleted one wireguard zone in luci, and in wireguard from the gl-inet ui it tried to delete a null zone.

gl-inet.zip (1.8 KB)

Hi xize11,
To setup vlan on flint, the luci - Network - Switch page should not be used.
If you want to tag which port, just add ethx.y(y is the tag) to firewall zone.
For example, add lan port 4 to guest zone(pre-configured by gl script)

uci set network.lan.ifname='eth1 eth2 eth3'
uci set network.guest.ifname='eth4'
uci commit network
/etc/init.d/network restart

if want a tag.

uci set network.guest.ifname='eth4.20'

Hope I understand your requirement correctly and above may help.

Hi, I see what you mean.

But some people still prefer luci, but the script doesn’t check on the existence of the wireguard zone a null check could fix it, so if I was connected in wireguard and remove the wireguard zone by accident in luci and then disconnect the wireguard interface via gl-inets web interface, this error will be caused in luci.

I really like to create routed AP’s and routed vlans isolated from other subnets, I also made it working by connecting wireguard and then I only forward from the vlan firewall zone to the wireguard zone and wan then it works properly.

1 Like