Frustrating VPN Error on AR-750S "WARNING: No internet"

Hi I purchased 10 of these routers for my employees specifically for their VPN functionality.

I want to purchase 20 more but I cannot get the VPN functionality working in our office and this is VERY frustrating.

Every OpenVPN or Wireguard connection attempt results in a “WARNING: No internet” warning. Every LAN client can access the internet just fine, and our LAN clients can even connect to the same exact VPNs fine through the GL.inet router. This is a bug in your software.

Can you completely remove the “WARNING: No Internet” check, and just try to connect to OpenVPN or Wireguard anyways? Or provide an option to disable it? Or give me a custom build so I can buy more of these?

On every single RFC1918 connection I have tried, this error shows even if there is internet access. Here is our exact configuration

WAN IP: 192.168.25.242
WAN Subnet: 192.168.25.240/28

LAN IP: 192.168.8.1
LAN Subnet: 192.168.8.1/24

Tested across multiple networks for two months, reaching out for help. Thank you.

Also please add back two important features from the old firmware:

• A checkbox to disallow internet access when VPN is disconnected - not always enabled (I do not want to always default true, especially if connecting to corporate private VPN which is not advertising default route)

• Tailing of the OpenVPN log files

Thank you for your excellent products I have used for years, this new firmware is beautiful design, just needs some quick bug fixes.

Can you put it in the bug tracker? The devs will take a look at it :slight_smile:

Make them separate issues :slight_smile:

Unfortunate.

Okay I submitted some bugs.

The “WARNING: No internet connection” error is the MOST urgent for us, we want to buy more as soon as this is fixed!

Business users do get some priority for feature requests compared to regular customers.
Check back on the status of the bug report and if it’s not fixed, send a message to @alzhao :slight_smile:

It seems that this issue was fixed. Could you please upgrade to the latest testing firmware? http://download.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar750s/snapshots/

Firmware has openvpn problem

I already tried this snapshot and it is now impossible to change servers within the same configuration - it lists servers from another config even though they are correct in /confog/ovpnclients.

As an aside, in my opinion it would be better to list the configs in /etc/openvpn by name instead of ovpn0, ovpn1 etc, as I could only recognize the profile by looking at the password and username combo.