Getting back GLI GUI

Hi

I flash my mt300n with some other firmware, when i flash back the original firmware , the GLI GUI is gone . It went direct to the openwrt standard login.

Anyway, i can get back the GLI GUI? flash with different version from 2.14 to 2.19 yield the same result.

Is your browser auto-completing the URL to put you in LuCi?

M

Browser cache is the problem. It redirect / to /cgi-bin/luci automatically.

What you can do is type http://192.168.8.1/index.html? directly. By adding “?” at the end, the browser will not use the cache.

thanks it work !

will this work with the MT300A also?

I’d like to try out the pure openWRT - to see if my speeds will be better. Right now, I cannot seem to get past 3Mbit, and rarely see 4Mbit download speeds.

AxeBro,

Putting ? at the end should work to clear the cache for you too. What source are you using for your Internet? Remember, OpenWRT is what’s under the hood on your current router and GLi’s excellent interface isn’t going to slow things down. If anything you’re likely to see a very small change.

Good Luck

M

@<span style=“color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; line-height: 22px; background-color: #f9f9f9;”>Mmonaghan - </span>doesn’t seem to matter… if i use my phone’s hotspot or my home router’s guest hotspot.

I get better speeds out of my TP-Link MR710N w. OpenWRT

If you want something that will be good for the long term, you’ll need to compile it. For testing you can pull from Trunk Snapshots. This should be the right file:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/mt7620/openwrt-ramips-mt7620-gl-mt300a-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

This will be the latest and greatest OpenWRT but since it is trunk the packages will only load until the next test build which is every few days.

Make sure you know how to get into uBoot recovery before you flash your router and make a backup of your settings if you want to restore them later.

Good luck,

M

Oh and make sure you have the original firmware! I don’t think the MT300A is available for download yet!!

M