Gl-ap1300lte - south east Asia modem - doesn't stay connected

I’m having problem with my new router, the modem goes offline when there’s no activity / no wifi client. I have to click auto setup to make it go online again, or power cycle the router.

Do I need to give some commands to the modem to stay always online?

Do you have log? You can get this by using command “logread” via ssh.

logread.zip (14.0 KB)

i reproduced the problem

power on router
sim card data established
wireguard vpn established
0 wireless client

after some time (less than 30mins), router appeared offline on goodcloud, so i connected to the wireless and login to control panel, it shows
modem connection still active, however VPN became disconnected (shows ‘ABORT’)
because VPN is disconnected, internet became unavailable

in another scenario where the router has wireless clients connected, then the VPN does not disconnect and internet is available continuously

in the logread file, connection lost at around 16:33 time

before you ask, my wireguard settings has the keepalive 25s at both wireguard server and wireguard client

So Internet connection is fine but Wireguard dropped for no reason? Is this your server or 3rd-party one?

First you can try to set up vpn policies and let the router itself does not use vpn. In this way, it will not drop from cloud and you can ssh to it from the cloud and do some checking. Maybe restart wiregaurd.

wireguard server is another openwrt router (linksys wrt32x)

ssh from cloud not possible, our malaysia sim card lte, doesnt forward ports

First you can try to set up vpn policies and let the router itself does not use vpn. In this way, it will not drop from cloud and you can ssh to it from the cloud and do some checking. Maybe restart wiregaurd.

ok, i will try the vpn policy, at least i can reboot the router from goodcloud

In goodcloud you should have a page that you can remote ssh back to your AP1300.

i realise one disadvantage, i cant connect to router page through the vpn anymore, since router operations is outside of the vpn