GL-AR300M becomes slow/unresponsive, needs reboot

I own multiple AR150-ext white mini routers and they have never given me any problems after months at a time working as repeater or AP mode. I might go back to using my older stable AR150-ext routers if this issue persists with the AR300m16-ext.
*note: all routers are updated and running latest firmware available.

You mean in AP mode this problem happens? not in router mode, right?

AR300M an AR150 all use ath9k wifi so the behavior should be pretty the same. AR300M takes much more power than AR150 so need to use a better power adapter.

Hi Alzhao, my 300M16-ext has done this in both AP mode and in Repeater mode. I bought a dual-boot NAND used AR300M-ext on ebay a few weeks ago. It’s been working flawlessly for over 9 days so far without hanging up. Im using the NAND flash at the moment. Same power supply I was using when the 300M16-ext became unresponsive. I think it must be a hardware issue with my specific 300M16-ext.

If you use the same firmware version, AR300M16 should perform the same as your old AR300M. Otherwise there may be issue.

I have the same problem with mine. I am thinking maybe it’s a power issue as I plug the mobile wifi modem into the USB port. It isn’t so critical for me as long as I can get it to reboot whenever the ping gets too slow (when I switch it off and on again the internet speed also gets 10 times faster). Is there some way to make it restart automatically when the ping is slow as this is always one of the symptoms, not only the slower internet?

EDIT: This came up straightaway in a search so is something like this possible? ICMP Check (Ping Reboot)

1 Like

Have you found a fix rather than rebooting it? Rebooting it a band aid and not a true fix.

This fixed freezing issues with my AR300M:

1 Like