GL-AR300m questions

I received my GL-AR300M and so far everything is working great! I plan on using this as a transparent OpenVPN client (connecting to my router at home) for holidays and during my commute. I do have a couple of questions though.

• How do I set the purpose of the middle LED, I want to be able to see if the VPN is up but can’t seem to get it working (looked in advanced settings under LED but a bit baffled what to set it to)

• As OpenWRT has apparently been superceded by LEDE; when can we expect an LEDE 17 build in stead of the current (2.26) OpenWRT 15.05 version?

• The included OpenVPN appears to be 2.4.0, however there are some vulnarabilities on all OpenVPN version before 2.4.3 (see https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/VulnerabilitiesFixedInOpenVPN243 ), do you plan on releasing an update for this?

For the LED, upgrade to firmware v2.26 and it does what you want by default.

LEDE and OpenWrt is re-merging. It will happen quite soon. They will keep OpenWrt name. I think we will use the new OpenWrt 17.09 or something

If there is security things, yes, we will upgrade asap.

Your link doesn’t work. Can you check and post the correct link?

I am already running 2.26 so does that mean the middle LED is broken?

I didn’t realise LEDE and OpenWrt were re-merging, looking forward to the update. (even though the current version seems to be running great!)

I updated the first post, so the link should work! (Note that 2.4.0 is 3 versions behind the current one so I’d guess there are a couple of more vulnarabilites in the current build)

LED seldom broken.

Can you check the content of the two files?

/etc/config/system

/etc/config/startvpn

Sorry for the late reply, I actually do see the LED light up on boot so it appears to work.

Here are the files:

root@GL-AR300M:~# less /etc/config/system

config system
option conloglevel ‘8’
option cronloglevel ‘8’
option hostname ‘GL-AR300M’
option zonename ‘Europe/Amsterdam’
option timezone ‘CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3’

config timeserver ‘ntp’
list server ‘0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org
list server ‘1.openwrt.pool.ntp.org
list server ‘2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org
list server ‘3.openwrt.pool.ntp.org

config led ‘led_wlan’
option name ‘WLAN’
option sysfs ‘gl-ar300m:wlan’
option trigger ‘phy0tpt’

config led ‘vpn’
option default ‘0’
option name ‘vpn’
option trigger ‘netdev’
option dev ‘tun0’
option mode ‘link tx rx’
root@GL-AR300M:~# less /etc/config/startvpn
less: can’t open ‘/etc/config/startvpn’: No such file or directory

Sorry it is /etc/init.d/startvpn

The system file, VPN led is not configured. This could be a bug in old firmware.

Now firmware v2.261 has been released. Can you please upgrade? Don’t reserve settings are /etc/config/system will be reserved.

Upgraded to 2.261 (was running 2.26) and issue with the LED has been resolved :smiley: Thank you!