Gl.Inet Admin Panel - WireGuard ! FAIL!

Hi, using the CLI Gl.inet panel I tried to set up the wireguard network, what I immediately noticed despite it is known that the suggested port for communicating is the 51820 was to see a door that is set automatically and that often changes in the part SERVER. Usually the port that is indicated by WireGuard concerns the “PEER” and is among the 51820. Why does the ListenPort: 10841 setting appear in the automatic configuration?

This port changes every few minutes sending the wireguard network into congestion.

1 Like

This listen port is used to listen for incoming connections from the server, which is random.

There is no need to set the port, it is done automatically in the background. That line can be removed from the auto configuration for clients. If it is set fixed, other services might conflict with the port. If it is not set, wireguard will pick a free port.

Unfortunately I have to disagree, I use the firmware “OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.196.56128-9112198)”

Version V3.104 - May 7, 2020

The congestion of wireguard occurs after a few minutes, about 30 ', the cause of the block is the door in the figure, once the 192.168.8.1 interface is open I copy the new door and update it on the wireguard client in windows 7, once updated the “LISTENPORT” the connection restarts.

I tried to delete the “LISTENPORT” line from the client but it is automatically reloaded as soon as the encryption is activated on the client.

[Interface]
PrivateKey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address = 10.0.0.2/32
DNS = 64.6.64.6

[Peer]
PublicKey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = xxxxxxxxx.duckdns.org:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25

I BELIEVE IT IS A BUG THAT MUST BE FIXED

As pointed out earlier, you don’t need the ListenPort setting on the Windows client and it is better not to set it. When that client connects to your server, it will pick a free port to use and send that information to the server, who will then use it to communicate back. For information purposes it does show which port has been used.

When you stop the Windows client it will release the port. The next time it starts it will pick another random port to use.

Perhaps you should describe in better detail what you mean by “congestion of wireguard”.

The only “bug” I see is that the ListenPort is shown on the Client configuration, where it is not required.

Cheers.

By congestion I mean:

the connection on windows 7 freezes and the only way to restart it is to manually update the “LISTENPORT” line or open the editor and click save.

when I opened the server interface on 192.168.8.1 I find a “listenport” different from the one I have in the client on windows 7, it is as if after a while the port was no longer synchronized with the wireguard server.