GL-iNet AX1800 OpenWrt firmware

thanks for the reply,

how i can use this ? (noob inside)

I am looking for a way to install strongswan or libreswan. The gl-inet 4.5 is missing dependency iptables-mod-ipsec. I searched and couldn’t find a version in any openwrt repository that will install. I looked in the @solidus1983 manifest but didn’t see this package. Just wondering if it is possible to do?

I will ask guys to check this package for firmware 4.5

Pls try now. It should be working.

Thank you very much for adding this to the repository!

New build in the experimental folder.

Needs testing, Basic stability and importantly Wireless testing as this has a fixed Wireless Blob update to solve some crashing mesh setups.

Also the fan is now controlled by the kernel by 3 stages at 50c, 75c, 100c, (low,med,high).

Let me know how it goes

Experimental Builds (solidus1983.duckdns.org)

solidus1983, I am a newB and must be looking in the wrong place. I do not see that file number.
experimental/r25881/targets/qualcommax/ipq60xx

I now have the GL -Inet Flint AX1800 OpenWRT Builds Legend
text instructions

I have given a direct link to the builds in experimental folder and simply follow the instructions on the Legend.

Also i have flashed the firmware myself and it works nicely, however as its for PR it stays in experimental for testing.

solidus1983 I returned to this library Directory today: /releases/targets/qualcommax/ipq60xx/
I no longer see any instructions file.
I am having a fight with my browser.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS!

• Change your Network IP on your system from DHCP to Static, use ip 192.168.1.66 and submask 255.255.255.0,
  • Remove power from the router and press and hold the reset button (Sim ejector tool works well),
  • Replace power to the router whilst reset pin is held in and count to 10,
  • Release the reset pin and head to http://192.168.1.1
  • Then select openwrt-ipq60xx-generic-glinet_gl-ax1800-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi image and flash.
  • Any updates after this step can be done with the openwrt-ipq60xx-generic-glinet_gl-ax1800-squashfs-nand-sysupgrade.bin file in WebGUI of LUCI .

I went tothe library but did not find a file namedopenwrt-ipq60xx-generic-glinet_gl-ax1800-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi
I did find two copies of this file name without the “-nand-”
??

Greetings mate!

Amazing to see new build. Your site is unreachable though- keeps on loading

Hi, Thank you for your contribution!

I am using this new experimental build (r25881) on my AXT1800, but the fan was not turning while the router’s temp was very high. As you say the fan is now controlled by the kernel in 3 stages at 50c, 75c, and 100c, (low, med, high). Is there any extra configuration I need to do?

And I am using the v2raya, but I met some problems, pls take a look!

Looks like I will need to update the fan script it would seem.

Could you see if you can find file fan_control if so try to run that it should trigger the fan_monitor script.

If that works will looking further to solve the issue.

I don’t use Vray so might need assistance there.

I can find these two scripts, how can I trigger the script?

I also tried to control the fan manually by the following command but failed.

echo "133" > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/cooling_device0/cur_state

And it throws the following error:

ash: write error: Invalid argument

Thanks @solidus1983 for building and making this available. I have wireless country code = US. On my AXT-1800, should the 5 GHz wireless radio support channel width=160? It only works with width=80 or lower (i.e. it disappears from Luci->Status->Channel Analyzer and wifi analyzer app on MacBook Air when width=160).

EDIT: I am guessing that the ath11k chip doesn’t support 160 MHz channel width. Is there a way to disallow that option?

solidus1983 Thank you for the SNAPSHOT r0+25881-5d76468bc0 OS.
OpenWrt is a monster! Even after days of looking I have not found the DNS starting offset value. I know it is 200 as I was given 206. I would like to have it start at 100 to match my current network, but I have not been able to find the proper option. Help from anyone might get me moving again.

@LostJohn1950 luci Interfaces->LAN->DHCP Server page is where you can adjust starting IP and total number of IP addresses set by DHCP server… I think that IP’s are randomly assigned within the specified range.