GL-iNet AX1800 OpenWrt firmware

Heh. You should burn Microsoft’s power, money for hosting instead. See if you can gett’em up under a ‘releases’ section in GitHub.

Isn’t realeses github actions this costs?

500MB/2K CI/CD (‘Actions’) mins per month on the free tier. You could always throw up a few links to solicit monetary support (eg: Paetron, KoFi, buymeacoffe or the like) if you need to pony up. I see that quite often used to offset some of these F/OSS project costs.

Hell, make a burner account until you’re comfortable w/ a workflow before spending those action minutes.

May I know how is it different from GL official firmware?
Is it vanilla OpenWRT?

Thanks.

Yes it’s it’s vanilla openwrt and not qualcomm’s QSDK fork of openwrt.

2 Likes

Hey @solidus1983 your last build is rock solid! Thanks for that! (and those who helped!).
One thing I can’t get to work is repeater on both 2G and 5G DFS/noDFS
And… tempting to try the experimental build on kernel 6… but you mentioned something about not installing builds less than 20MB in another forum, so can try or not? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can try it if you wish, the worse that can happen is it doesn’t boot, but you can use uboot to recover from it.

Experimental is normally my play ground if its been there a few days/weeks then its normally okish how bare in mind that you will have to adjust the OPKG config to the right place.

As for repeater mode you sure you installed all the correct packages to make sure that works.

@solidus1983

i installed your firmware. so far so good. what i am missing is the switch tab in networks, to configure tagged vlans and make use of my managed switch. how to enable this?

thanks and regards

It have something to do with DSA.

So now you go into interfaces and simply create a new device with a .<value> for example eth1.100

i was confused. now i found everything. thanks solidus. your rom is great. i hope you keep updating it for some time.

1 Like

:pray: Time are stuff made of gold. Once I have figured how to get the CPU clocks back on 6.x kernel should be back in business. Just needs time to figure it out something I am quite lacking ATM.

Hey! Great job! Thanks!
I’ve tried to make it a docker container since there are no ubuntu or debian around and it fails on this one:
https://github.com/solidus1983/gl-infra-builder.git
How much different it is from the original repo GitHub - gl-inet/gl-infra-builder ?

Infra is QSDK so 4.4.60 and 5.4 , which mine is the same.

The openwrt repo on the other hand in my profile is openwrt.

Thanks!
I’m kinda new to the whole party so bare with me for another moment.
It means that I cannot simply use this file https://github.com/gl-inet/gl-infra-builder/blob/main/configs/config-wlan-ap-5.4.yml and would need a modified one?
Okay, seems like it is not this file, but a git reference to upstream openwrt
this file https://github.com/gl-inet/gl-infra-builder/blob/main/configs/config.yml

No you could use the 5.4 file if you wish. I did somewherenon the forums post a script I made that did it all and set it all up but can’t find it any more.

You probably mean this script GL-iNet AX1800 OpenWrt firmware - #79 by solidus1983 ?
it is one of your top posts, I was using it as a reference to start my digging.
I’ve tried to follow the build process and it still fails for me. Using ubuntu:latest and all the stuff is on latest version but still cannot get through and continues to build either openwrt 21 or fails on patches for openwrt 23 :frowning:

Enable Logs in menuconfig and then send me the error logs.

Don’t know what’s the menuconfig is, took your script from above and trying to make it a docker image:

FROM ubuntu

RUN apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get install -y build-essential ccache ecj fastjar file g++ gawk subversion swig time \
gettext git java-propose-classpath libelf-dev libncurses5-dev \
libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev unzip wget binutils bzip2 diffutils flex perl clang \
python3 python2.7-dev python3 python3-distutils python3-setuptools \
xsltproc zlib1g-dev sshpass dos2unix zip patch curl \
make diffutils gcc grep libc-dev libz-dev rsync docbook2x util-linux \
perl subversion gcc-multilib g++-multilib git-core ocaml sharutils re2c qemu-guest-agent

RUN cd /mnt && git clone https://github.com/gl-inet/gl-infra-builder.git && \
git config --global user.email "you@example.com" && \
git config --global user.name "Your Name"

COPY config.yml /mnt/gl-infra-builder/configs

RUN cd /mnt/gl-infra-builder && \
python3 setup.py -c configs/config-wlan-ap-5.4.yml
#python3 setup.py -c config-wlan-ap.yml

notice the COPY directive, I’ve edited the file from the original and trying to pull og openwrt instead of glinet’s

repo: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt.git
branch: openwrt-23.05
git_clone_dir: openwrt-23.05
openwrt_root_dir: openwrt-23.05
revision: e658eee81387c16d7e1de13e0eb0678014139ad0

patch_folders:
  - patches-23.05/

but on the logs it still pulls the glinet’s openwrt 21.02

---> 5a81c4b8502e
Step 2/9 : RUN apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get install -y build-essential ccache ecj fastjar file g++ gawk subversion swig time gettext git java-propose-classpath libelf-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev unzip wget binutils bzip2 diffutils flex perl clang python3 python2.7-dev python3 python3-distutils python3-setuptools xsltproc zlib1g-dev sshpass dos2unix zip patch curl make diffutils gcc grep libc-dev libz-dev rsync docbook2x util-linux perl subversion gcc-multilib g++-multilib git-core ocaml sharutils re2c qemu-guest-agent
 ---> Using cache
 ---> cdf9e07635ef
Step 3/9 : RUN cd /mnt && git clone https://github.com/gl-inet/gl-infra-builder.git && git config --global user.email "you@example.com" && git config --global user.name "Your Name"
 ---> Using cache
 ---> a59a5adb36be
Step 4/9 : COPY config.yml /mnt/gl-infra-builder/configs
 ---> d4b373a0bd6b
Step 5/9 : RUN cd /mnt/gl-infra-builder && python3 setup.py -c configs/config-wlan-ap-5.4.yml
 ---> Running in a6b27dcebbd7
Cloning into 'wlan-ap'...
Updating files: 100% (5711/5711), done.
HEAD is now at d4442efb ipq807x: disable bluetooth on eap102
Cloning into 'openwrt'...
Updating files: 100% (9433/9433), done.
Branch 'openwrt-21.02' set up to track remote branch 'openwrt-21.02' from 'origin'.

maybe i’m not getting the right file, dunno :confused:

You know that no longer exists right.

It’s now known as

oh, that makes sense why i’m getting errors. I did exist some time ago last time I’ve pulled it to cache