GL-MT1300 Beryl not scanning 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signals

I have just purchased a GL-MT1300 Beryl travel roughter and it won’t pickup my Wi-Fi access points I have in my house when I scan to setup repeater mode. I have two 2.4GHz signals which my phone picks up fine but this travel router does not. When I enable 5GHz on my home router the Beryl travel roughter picks the 5GHz signal up fine but it does not pick up any 2.4GHz signals.

I have upgraded the firmware to 3.212 beta3 as suggested in another post here but this didn’t fix the problem.

I’ve seen that happen before if there is a mismatch on the country code for WiFi. Is your home wifi running on channel 12 or 13? If so, just select a channel from 1-11 and see if the Beryl picks it up.

Thanks for this. I’m in Portugal with my Beryl and puzzling over why it would not pick up the access point here. But of course it is because the access point is on a non-US channel.

You can also try changing the wireless region code for the router to scan the other channels:

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

Thank you, that was the problem. My two access points are different models but the same brand (D-Link) and they must try and transmit on channels 12 and 13 by default. Changing the channels to 1 and 6 solved the problem. However, this is not ideal as whilst I have control over my own access points I do not have control over what I find in a hotel or caravan park. Presumably, if they are using D-Link equipment they will be transmitting on 12 or 13 as well. The router should be able to connect via any channel regardless of jurisdiction even if it only repeats on channels 1-11. Or alternatively, have a juristiction setting in the admin panel somewhere. This is a note to Gl.Inet.

I will try to see if I can change the contry code as per one of the other suggestions here, although it does seem a little tricky.

Thank you again everyone for your help.

Legal restrictions on what can be sold are in play here, I think.

Checkout this one