GL-MT1300 USB not recognizing my SSD

I just received my 1300 today from Amazon. I am using the USB 3.0 port for the Multimedia File Sharing and it’s not showing up my Samsung T5 SSD drive. I also have the GL-AR750S and it recognizes my SSD drive instantly. The firmware is up to date and everything else seems to be functioning correctly so I don’t know what the issue is?

Take a look at this thread and see if it is pertinent.

Search is your friend

I did the search and can’t seem any step by step instructions to the fix. I am not really that tech savy when it comes to the backbone of devices.

The only easy fix is to not use the drive as usb3.

@Exile1975 How do you do that?

Use an old usb cable with a usb3 adapter plugged into the drive

I don’t think I have one of those adapters. So why doesn’t this work out of the box. Even though it says 3.0. I might just end up taking it back.

It’s a problem with the drives driver. The drive uses special tricks to speed it up and each brand ssd does their own thing to accomplish this. Certain brand aren’t as open with their drives driver so some brands aren’t supported correctly. Again assuming your problem is the same as i linked to, but it might not be. Without troubleshooting there’s no way to tell for sure

@Exile1975 I was able to get logs from the router. Any thoughts?

logs-mt1300.zip (13.4 KB)

It actually doesn’t seem to be the same problem, i see no mention of uas in your log. You might want to contact customer support and see if they can help. One question i have is if the drive might be trying to draw to much power, but I’m not sure. Good luck, maybe one of the staff here will far this and be able to help.

Edit: did some checking and it seems the t5 needs .8 amp and the mt1300 can provide 1 amp so in theory it should work…

Cool, thanks for you help @Exile1975

Try this, boot the router without the drive, wait three minutes to let it fully boot and plug in the drive. Pull the logs and post them here. In your previous logs i don’t see any indication of a drive at all so i want to be sure and see what happens from a fresh boot

Hi All,
Looking to get this flash on amazon for my Berly.
Would this work for USB share?

If someone is having this problem, they may need to install the package kmod-usb-storage-uas.

opkg update

opkg install kmod-usb-storage-uas