GL-MT300N and GL.iNet 6416A Specs

Does anyone know what bandwidth the CPU and nics could keep up with when doing stateful packet inspections using either model?

I don’t see either listed here;

Also, does anyone know what the temperature specs are for these device?

And, in case I didn’t notice, is there a version without wireless as we never use wireless.

Thanks

The temperature is supposed to be -20 degree to 70 degree, Celsius

There is no version without wireless. You can just turn wireless off.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I see the temp ratings of the others and yes, we do just turn wireless off. Just wondered if the manufacturer might have such a version or thinking about one.

I still need to know about the CPU/Nics part of the question so hoping someone will know.

Doesn’t anyone from GL.inet look at these forums? It’s been days now, still not sure what to order if anything.

Do you need the LAN speed or wifi performance?

In this case, I need a unit which is optimized port (Lan) to port (Wan) to be used as a bridged device.
It is in order to do full speed stateful packet inspection.

As mentioned in my first question;
>Does anyone know what bandwidth the CPU and nics could keep up with when doing stateful packet inspections using either model?

Right now, I am using the 6416A which is working fine on a 50Mbps/5Mbps connection but we have a lot of connections which are much higher.

I came across this project;
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/sqm

I am not sure what you install in your openwrt builds on these from the factory but would probably end up building our own. Having openwrt already on them however would help make initial updates faster.

These units are to use tcpdump at full speed when needed.

in our openwrt build there is luci-app-qos, which should be uninstalled if you want to install luci-app-sqm, as said in your link.

Ok, I would have to see if your build would work for us but we would probably install our own. I was asking if anyone knew about the package I was asking about however.

I have asked three times now the same question and still no reply on the port to port speeds however.

>Does anyone know what bandwidth the CPU and nics could keep up with when doing stateful packet inspections using either model?

@projects, sorry I have no answer for your port to port speed with stateful packet inspection

I can’t say how the router would handle stateful packet inspection, but I can confirm that I have tested both the 6416 and the 300N, and both can easily push the full 100 Mbps from their ports.

Well, that is something at least so thanks for that. Is there a way I can test this for accuracy? To see when it starts to lose packets.