GL-MT300N-V2 cant use as Repeater

I have installed the latest firmware, it works well when the network cable is connected to the WAN port, but when I try to connect it via Wifi, it can not maintain a connection. it says that it worked, but when it goes back to the Internet page, it does not show that it is connected via Wifi

Can you let me know what is the “echo” wifi network’s configuration? e.g. encryption, channel etc.

Is this your own network? or public?

Can you ssh to the router and get the log using “logread”?

echo is my home network, its one SSID for both 2.4 and 5Ghz. and it will direct the unit to thw right hz. but I guess my AP cant feel that Mango doesn’t support 5ghz.

I have now tried it with my old test router that have seperet SSID for 2.4 and 5ghz and now it seams to be working.

question, if the hotell I’m staying only have 5Ghz then Mango is useless? if the hotel room doesnt have a network outlet, I mean?

One SSID for 2.4G and 5G is OK. Actually it has two SSIDs, one working in 2.4G and one working on 5G.

If MT300N-V2 can find the SSID, it means it works in 2.4G. So this should not be an issue. Most hotel wifi network broadcast on both 2.4G and 5G.

What router model is “echo” is using?

Try to reboot after connecting unsuccessfully.
I found that the connection then is up automatically.

You also might try older firmware if you are on 3.203 (try 3.105 or 3.201-0402(testing).
Just to eliminiate the firmware as reason.
I found that the behaviour you describe only is on 3.203.