GL-MT300N-V2 speed

Hi,

I just bought and installed your GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 Mango.

I installed it as a VPN router with Surfshark, but the download speed decreased a lot. Before the router I have about 150 Mbs and after the router I have only 7-8 Mbs. Is it not a Surfshark issue because on the telephone with wireless connection and Surfshark App active I reach about 100 Mps.

What could be the problem?

Thank you!

Sadly that’s the max speed you can get over VPN on the Mango. Maxed out at 10 Mbps.
You will need to get one of the newer models. I use the Brume, which works pretty well but no wifi.

You could try WireGuard. On the Mango you can reach speeds up to 30 Mbps.

Hi, what speed do you reach with your Brume? What model would you recommend, I need also the wifi.

Thanks

My home internet speed is only 20 mbps. I reach this speed on both VPN and WireGuard on the Brume. On my Mango I only reach 9 Mbps on VPN and 20 on WireGuard.
Theoretically the Brume could reach upto 100 Mbps on VPN and 280 Mbps on WireGuard.
I don’t need nor want Wifi for my specific system so the Brume is just what I need.

Adding wifi to brume

Thanks Alzhao.
I don’t need wifi myself, but I’m sure others will be happy there’s an option to add on wifi with the wifi dongle.

Thanks. Brume is designed for you.

Some users asked us to design openwrt router without WiFi and then there is Brume.

Of course some users pushed us to add WiFi to Brume and then there is WiFi dongle support.