GL-MT300N-V2 - VPN, Apple TV and Sonos

Hello, I just bought GL-MT300N-V2 and have Surfshark VPN.

My ultimate goal is to be able to connect the Apple TV through the VPN while detecting my Sonos that are connected on my regular WiFi.

To simplify the situation (I hope), let’s forget about the Apple TV and consider only my laptop and my Sonos.

Scenario 1

• Laptop connected to regular wifi
  • Sonos connected to regular wifi
  • Everything is OK

Scenario 2

• Laptop connected to regular wifi with Surfshark App ON
  • Everything is OK

Scenario 3

• Laptop connected to GL-MT300N-V2 SSID
  • Sonos cannot be detected

How could my laptop be connected on GL-MT300N-V2 and still be able to connect to my Sonos?

I know a possible option would be to connect all devices to the same network GL-MT300N-V2 but I would like to still be able to use my regular wifi on Sonos so they can be connected to all my devices.

In other words, how could I reproduce Scenario 2 but with Surfshark Open VPN on GL-MT300N-V2 instead of this app.

In your Scenarios 1 and 2, your Laptop and Sonos are connecting to the same wifi. Even you use vpn on your laptop, the app may just do not use vpn for local wifi network.

For your Scenario 3, you can set up vpn policy and do not use vpn for your regular wifi (by IP address).
But it still depends if your Laptop can discover Sonos which are connecting to different wifi.