GL-MT300N-V2 Wireguard VPN blocking one address

My MT300N seems to have started blocking access to just one address when connected via wireguard to my VPN Unlimited account. The same connection had been working fine and if I switch VPN off, it’ll connect to the address fine.
Using the same VPN server location through the VPN Unlimited app, the affected address connects fine.
I haven’t set up any VPN policies or firewall rules, running the latest firmware version.

Most likely the website is blocking access through VPN. It’s often not the VPN provider which is blocking the website. You could set a VPN policy to allow this website. That’s what I do on my Brume and Mango routers.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, think it’s highly unlikely though as I can access the blocked service using the same VPN connection through the VPN providers app rather than the router, plus the blocked service recommends using a VPN, which is what I want to do.

What address it blocked?

It’s for my IPTV service, router seems to have randomly started allowing access again with the VPN on. Guess I’ll just have to see how it goes.

I would check with your VPN provider… are you connecting with to the same server with their app as you are with router? It is possible that some of their infrastructure depends on different companies with different DNS infrastructure.

There are lots of possibilities.

Contact your provider and/or give more details.

FWIW I had a similar issue with Spotify and after contacting my VPN provider they had the issue fixed on the problematic servers.

Yeah that’s true and a possibility, as far as I can tell it’s the same server on both (same location/hostname etc). It was working before and is again now, VPN had been connected/disconnected multiple times for testing purposes.
I guess it could have been a problematic server, not sure what the chances are of connecting to the exact same server 4/5 times at various times of day is. I’ll just have to wait and see if the problem reoccurs (hopefully not) and if so work from there