GL-S1300 (Convexa-S) vs GL-B2200 (Velica)

Both GL-S1300 (Convexa-S) and GL-B2200 (Velica) seem to have similar Processor, RAM, ROM/Storage and other hardware components. Both devices do not seem to have any external WiFI Antennas (I think). I have few questions:

1. What’s the difference between GL-S1300 (Convexa-S) and GL-B2200 (Velica) in terms of hardware and software capabilities, apart from extra 5 GHz Radio in GL-B2200?
  2. Is the WiFi range (both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) similar for both devices?
  3. Is the extra 5 GHz radio in GL-B2200 (Velica) usable in AP mode or is it dedicated for Mesh purpose alone?
  4. Will GL-B2200 (Velica) ever update to OpenWRT 19.07 (or later) based GL.iNet firmware release? I see there is a beta firmware for GL-S1300.
  1. B2200 has extra 5GHz radio, not other major differences
  2. B2200 has better radio design
  3. Extra 5G is dedicated for mesh. You can make it ap manually but better not
  4. The mesh requires Qualcomm SDK so I don’t think it will work in opewrt 1907.

@alzhao Thank you for your reply.

Does GL-B2200 (Velica) support SQM QoS “CAKE”, including “Link Layer Adaptation”, “Per-Host Isolation” and “ack-filter” settings/parameters as mentioned at [OpenWrt Wiki] SQM Details ?

Also does GL-B2200 support IPv6 (DHCPv6 Client with Prefix Delegation on WAN side, DHCPv6 Server / SLAAC on LAN side)?

Neither of these currently support Cake. I have both.

@kkiiddaa Thanks for your reply. Does either of these devices at least support fq_codel SQM?

Both of these support fq_codel

@kkiiddaa Thank you for confirming that.

@alzhao
Does GL-B2200 (Velica) support PPPoE and IPv6 (DHCPv6 Client with Prefix Delegation on WAN side, DHCPv6 Server / SLAAC on LAN side)?
Also are there any plans to enable SQM QoS “Cake” for GL-B2200 (Velica)?

Hi ka2017,
I am Debugging some problem. I will release version 3.203 as soon as possible.