GL-X750V2 and Extroot problem

Hi, in topic Spitz GL-X750V2 Beta Version: 4.3.7 release 4, I understand that GL-X750V2 has problem with memory space that it is only 16MB flash. It has a expansion port that could be used as extraroot but seems that it no work!
Before that I bought a new GL-X750V2, support can tell me something about?

Hi @suibaf ,

In my experience, Beta 4.3.6 can be loaded and there is room to install extroot.

With Beta 4.3.7 (including Release 5, for which the Release Notes mention lots of ‘Optimisations’), you cannot load all of the Plugins required for extroot so there is no possibility of expansion.

3.217 - parted would seem to still be missing from the repositories, so again, you can’t install extroot.

I need extroot so that I can have a disk available with files accessible to users. I also can’t afford the new AX3000 for ‘recreational use’.

Currently running my X750V2 with 4.3.6 BETA Firmware and extroot installed. This I feel is the end of the line for my GL.iNet experience, unless someone can find a way to install V4 STABLE Firmware on the device.

I can load OpenWRT 23.05.0 which runs, but I am still finding the nuances of the Software needed to be loaded to fully and safely operate the device.

I don’t understand why only 16MB

What is AX3000 ?

Because that is how it was made??

Memory / Storage	DDR2 128MB / NOR Flash 16MB

And, don’t forget, it’s a router - not a server. You can be glad that you can install plugins at all :wink:

1 Like

Sure but it was made in bad mode, in my opinion!

I’m running extroot fr a uSD card on a Certa (GL-AR750; DDR2 128MB / NOR Flash 16MB, firmware 4.3.7-release4). After completely resetting the device to stock I only installed parted & the requirements for F2FS (see Using storage devices) as the minimum requirements. After a successful first boot, I set the mount delay to give a little extra time.

I’ll probably add atgc,lazytime to that mount point too as a little extra performance tweak to save some wear on the card.

root@certa:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                11.5M     11.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    59.2M      2.0M     57.1M   3% /tmp
/dev/sda1               974.0M    180.4M    793.6M  19% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay      974.0M    180.4M    793.6M  19% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock6            1.8M      1.3M    492.0K  73% /rwm
[...]
uci set fstab.@global[0].delay_root="15"
uci commit fstab