How to connect Gl-E750 (MIDI) to PC using cable and USB Ethernet adapter

USB 3.0 is backwards compatible and the adapter will run at the maximum USB 2.0 speed of 480Mbps.

I have used my USB 3.0 Ethernet adapters on GL.iNet router USB 2.0 ports with no problems and they are very lower power devices.

Just in case, you should look up the chipset in USB 2.0 Ethernet RJ45 Network Adapter QF9700 to make sure that OpenWRT has a driver.

1 Like

@alzhao Please allow me to change the topic name so that other users can find this topic. I want to change to:

How to connect Gl-E750 (MIDI) to PC using cable

Hello . The solution is to connect GL-E70 to PC with a CABLE (not WI-FI Repeator) so that you can see the MUDi interface to update the firmware or download the program you need.
You need to install firmware for LAN Adapter from the repository OpenWrt on Gl-E750

opkg update
opkg list kmod-usb-net* You can see the available firmware
opkg install kmod-usb-net-asix-ax88179 (my adapter is in the example)
reboot

Also, if you are using a proprietary distribution like Ubuntu, you need to check if you have drivers with the command:
apt-cache search firmware-realtek
apt-cache show firmware-realtek
In this list you will find drivers

When you connect everything in the photo, let’s call it a New Year’s decorations))

Your PC will have a free LAN to which you connect your internet cable.

Check the network interface
ip -c a
You will see a new interface, usually called enx….

If you use mac or windows (which is much worse than linux), then as a rule, installing lan adapter drivers is much easier.

1 Like

I changed the title and which is more precise.

1 Like