Image builder crashing when installing coreutils-timeout

Hi.
I’m using the latest imagebuilder (GitHub - gl-inet/imagebuilder: Warning!Please look at 'GL.iNET Imagebuilder Introduction' section.) , I want to create an image for the ar300m16 with the following packages preloaded:
tcpdump wireless-tools usbutils block-mount e2fsprogs fdisk curl nano coreutils-timeout kmod-bluetooth bluez-libs bluez-utils kmod-usb-core usbutils

but, when I execute the imagebuilder to create the image for this target, it fails and show this error:

./gl_image -p ar300m16 -e “tcpdump wireless-tools usbutils block-mount e2fsprogs fdisk curl nano coreutils-timeout kmod-bluetooth bluez-libs bluez-utils kmod-usb-core usbutils”

Collected errors:
** * check_data_file_clashes: Package busybox wants to install file /home/wavemedia/Documents/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/bin/timeout**
** But that file is already provided by package * coreutils-timeout**
** * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package busybox.**
Makefile:149: recipe for target ‘package_install’ failed
make[2]: *** [package_install] Error 255
Makefile:108: recipe for target ‘_call_image’ failed
make[1]: *** [_call_image] Error 2
Makefile:192: recipe for target ‘image’ failed
make: *** [image] Error 2
Failed to build gl-ar300m…

But if I remove the the coreutils-timeout package, the image builder creates the image with no problem. what could i do to include the coreutils-timeout package?

Also, seems the imagebuilder it is just creating the nor flash image, how could I create also the nand flash image? (I want both images have the same preloaded packages)

Thanks!

The nand firmware is not ready yet for v3, that is why it is not included in the image builder yet.

For your coreutils-timeout issue, that seems to be a wide problem in linux.

Don’t install it as a package, instead place the binaries and other files into the “buildroot/files” directory and they will be included into the image. Make sure the directory structure is correct in files, ie “buildroot/files/sbin/mybin” for example, for mybin to be placed in sbin of the image.

Thanks for the answer, it was very helpful.
In this case, where i could find the the previous version of the image builder that can create nand/nor images for the ar300m16?

Also, I’m a bit confused, in case I just have the nor, how do i flash the router (it already has the lastest verion of the default firmware), do i need to use the uboot interface and then force the router to always boot using the nor?

Thanks!

The v2.x Nand Imagebuilder is here:

And the regular:

@kyson-lok Could you explain how to choose Nand or Nor boot?

Thanks again.
I was able to build a gl-ar300m-3.003-1002.bin image with my custom packages, but now the question is, how do i flash this image into the router (i’m using the ar300m16)? do i need to get into the uboot web interface or use the sysupgrade command ?
Cheers!

You can flash it using the GL usual upgrade page :slight_smile: