Install Fail2Ban on GL-B2200 Velica Router

It seems that Fail2Ban is not available in the default package repositories for the OpenWrt version on the GL-B2200 router.

How can I install Fail2Ban on my GL-B2200 router?

Thanks.

Hmm what version of OpenWrt has been installed on this ?:thinking:

Maybe its possible to add OpenWrt feed to your opkg listing if the arch is supported, could you show either the output of:

ubus call system board

Or show the front page of luci in the advaned settings?

But maybe its better to ask staff.:+1:

Try i advise to make a full backup before in case something goes wrong:

cp /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf.bak
echo 'src/gz openwrt_packages https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.0/packages/arm_cortex-a7_vfpv4/packages' >> /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

And then opkg update and then try opkg install fail2ban though the kernel might be problematic but you can try, after this you may want to reset the feed again, by placing back the /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf.bak

rm /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf
mv /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf.bak /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

Then reupdate opkg, good luck :+1:

Note i want to not recommend holding this feed because you might end up with bigger issues installing other packages, OEM firmware is just different than OpenWrts so it can give issues regarding dependencies or kmods.

It’s OpenWrt 18.x

Would not really recommend to add those feeds.

1 Like

Yup these are too old compared to the ones in my code unfortunately on OpenWrt ToH i see its only supported since 22.3.0.

Thanks, I’m not that experienced, my OpenWrt is: OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1

Way too old, no chance to get it running.

I’ve since done my research and have concluded that flashing the firmware with a configuration of my choosing is necessary.

I must say I would have expected that Upgrading the firmware in the router would bring it to a relatively new version, But no, not impressed with the B2200 so far, but hopefully will be better when I start fresh with other openwrt software.

Now all I need to do is figure out which version of OpenWRT to flash the firmware with.

Thanks,